What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A trusty Spitfire to start with but
20220326_175844.jpg
j I underestimated the chilling time here in sunny Wales so the second half is back in the fridge!

IMG_20220326_183538.jpg

This has condition as it was bottled back in May '21, but still the yeast lifted so I had to pour most of it through a coffee filter paper.
Unfortunately the head was left in the cone.
It was made with Admiral and First Gold in the 70 min boil and Saaz and Citra for 10 mins.
Has a waft of Budvar about it, quite light at 4.2%.
Last night was a near total disaster when I opened a (British) quart bottle of the same beer that had a fully sealing internal screw stopper.
After the 'psst' on opening, it paused a second then gushed up out of the top like Old Faithful.
Fortunately I managed to catch most, but not all, as I had the jug ready.
My cries of help for rapid tissues and cloths were thankfully answed by SWMBO'd which saved most of the beer tsunami from flooding over the worktop edge.
Last nights beer wasn't even this evening's beer clear even after the coffee cone filtering,
and I was so traumatised by the events I didn't even want to post the evidence.

Attachments

• IMG_20220326_182948.jpg
    IMG_20220326_182948.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 12
View attachment 65485

This has condition as it was bottled back in May '21, but still the yeast lifted so I had to pour most of it through a coffee filter paper.
Unfortunately the head was left in the cone.
It was made with Admiral and First Gold in the 70 min boil and Saaz and Citra for 10 mins.
Has a waft of Budvar about it, quite light at 4.2%.
Last night was a near total disaster when I opened a (British) quart bottle of the same beer that had a fully sealing internal screw stopper.
After the 'psst' on opening, it paused a second then gushed up out of the top like Old Faithful.
Fortunately I managed to catch most, but not all, as I had the jug ready.
My cries of help for rapid tissues and cloths were thankfully answed by SWMBO'd which saved most of the beer tsunami from flooding over the worktop edge.
Last nights beer wasn't even this evening's beer clear even after the coffee cone filtering,
and I was so traumatised by the events I didn't even want to post the evidence.
Traumatic!

First taste of this American pale ale I kegged yesterday.
Golden promise, Cara Gold and Dark Crystal, bittered with Columbus and late addition, hopstand & dry hop
with Centennial.
Ended up with an extended cold crash as I've been short of time, so clearing nicely already.

View attachment 65491
Oh aye that glass 👍

After a couple of pale ales I am not sure what to have next. I usually like a darker beer towards the end of the night but with the warm weather I fancy something lighter. Will have to raid the fridge of UK bought beers.

On other matter, I have noticed the time of everyone's posts are out. Time is showing about 6 hours in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back