What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After several of my own, one of someone else’s. It’s a perfectly nice beer but not one I’d recommend particularly.

C4610F4E-C292-4547-BB51-FA387968984E.jpeg

Just ticked off a beer style that I had never tried. Oud Bruin fermented on Acorns from @beerison . I like a Flanders red and this was along the same lines but more subtle sourness. Light maltiness with a creamy nuttiness which I assume is from the Acorns and a light vinegary sourness. Nice beer
IMG_20220326_231210.jpg

Had a Duration Altbier also, had this a few weeks ago and had to get myself another can.
IMG_20220326_200711.jpg

Tonight I couldn't resist a taste of my Antipodean Bass clone, served through the beer engine. This is one drink that deserves to be served through the pump.
Still conditioning 8 days in the cask, another 2 weeks it will be on the money.

002.JPG

First sup. WOW!
003.JPG

Gladfield Malts has done it proud.

004.JPG
BONZER! A bloody ripper.

Just ticked off a beer style that I had never tried. Oud Bruin fermented on Acorns from @beerison . I like a Flanders red and this was along the same lines but more subtle sourness. Light maltiness with a creamy nuttiness which I assume is from the Acorns and a light vinegary sourness. Nice beer
View attachment 65512
Had a Duration Altbier also, had this a few weeks ago and had to get myself another can.
View attachment 65513
Oud bruin on acorns sounds amazing

View attachment 65512
View attachment 65513

I thought acorns were poisonous or is that horse chestnuts.

I think it may be horse chestnuts. You can make a faux coffee with acorns and they feed them to pigs, well they do over here.
Seem to correct on both as I read that the acorns need to be cooked too. I didn't realize there were horse and sweet chestnuts... remember my dad buying me the roasted chestnuts in London... apparently they are sweet ones🤷🏽I think

Now I'm confused...chestnut stuffing is sweet chestnuts...is it cob nuts or chestnuts they roast and sell around tower bridge?
I haven’t had them but it could be sweet chestnuts if they look like chestnuts or cobnuts if they look like hazelnuts (just to blow your mind now, cobnuts ARE hazelnuts!). It’s normally chestnuts…

🎵 Chestnuts roasting on a open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose 🎵

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back