What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what it is about Tuesdays, but it makes me wanna drink for Great Britain! I better pack in now though after this.

The kids really do know what I like, as this is amazing! And Overtone is my number one brewery of all-time!

57144AD4-D8FC-4E92-A278-FD8C2E84DC64.png
7DFFA01A-9DA7-4F59-A7C0-EB73D2F672BD.jpeg

I’m starting with a 6.1% Indian Export Porter from @Leon103

Appearance is very dark brown, almost black, with a ruby tinge when held to the light. Toward the end of the pint I can see it’s clear. An airy light-tan head fell fairly quickly and regrouped as a ring around the glass persisting to the end. Carbonation is medium, a swirl of the glass raised a thin covering of foam.

View attachment 65670

The aroma is of bready dough and dark bread crust, quite a big hit of bitter chocolate, a little something like molasses, and mild dark fruit - prune I think.

Flavour is very similar to the aroma with the addition of liquorice. Bitterness is fairly soft and toward the end some coffee steps forward lasting into the dry finish. A nice clean beer with just a slight warmth from the alcohol becoming apparent after a pint. ;)

Thanks again Leon, another nice beer athumb..
Thanks for the kind words 🍻

Just had an interesting sour DIPA from @jceg316
IMG_20220329_192001.jpg

Medium Carbonation, although the head didn't really hang around.Aroma to me was pear /grape.
Definitely mild sour, similar sort of flavours as I got from the aroma..made me think of the sparkling white wine grape drinks my parents use buy for Sunday dinner. Didn't find it too sour but not really bitter so maybe not really IPA. Some sweetness but not sure if it's from the sourness or alcohol sweetness.
Nice easy drinking beer for 7.5%, just not sure on it being a DIPA. Cheers for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back