What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few pints of Mild while enjoying this glorious sunshine. :cool: Happy!

338A427B-F2AB-4C8C-B77E-F0BE87C7673F.jpeg

I didn’t post last night because I spent the evening (along with 10 other people) on a video-call with the owner/brewer of Wilderness Brewery. They are based in Wales and mostly focus on mixed-fermentation and barrel-aged beers. We tasted and discussed these four beers last night.

View attachment 67033
View attachment 67034

Nice beers. For me the bottled biere de garde and the “so emotional” saison were the stars. The brewer, James, publishes his recipes but unless you’re going to buy a wine barrel and age your saison for a year or two, maybe just buy a can.
Lucky boy. Their beer is amazing and they are an hour from me. I have 4 of their beers in the garage but haven't opened the box yet because of a dispute with the supplier

Had a couple at our newly reopened pub, now owned by the village.
Sad to say first pint of local IPA was definitely not right due to cellar management, next pint of hazey pale was ok
but have to say neither a patch on my own brews.
Had a decent pint of Cornish cider though.
Nice to sit out in the garden with family and friends enjoying the sun.

One beer tonight....it's a big one..from @DocAnna
12% imperial Stout with Whiskey. Aroma has Dark fruits and dark chocolate ,whiskey is coming through
It's dark, coffee/tanned head which had good lacing. Low carbonation. Mouthfeel is silky smooth initially then the whisky alcohol comes through at the end. The alcohol is obvious but smooth and no astringency and not hot, just obvious like a nice smooth scotch. flavours are like black forest gateau with whiskey. Dark chocolate with dark fruits with whisky coming through. I really enjoyed it, glad I'm only having the one tonight 😋maybe the alcohol from the whiskey comes through a little too much, I like whiskey so I'm happy but it's fairly dominant. Tasty, thanks for sharing.
IMG_20220421_210050.jpg

12% imperial Stout with Whiskey. Aroma has Dark fruits and dark chocolate ,whiskey is coming through
It's dark, coffee/tanned head which had good lacing. Low carbonation. Mouthfeel is silky smooth initially then the whisky alcohol comes through at the end. The alcohol is obvious but smooth and no astringency and not hot, just obvious like a nice smooth scotch. flavours are like black forest gateau with whiskey. Dark chocolate with dark fruits with whisky coming through. I really enjoyed it, glad I'm only having the one tonight 😋maybe the alcohol from the whiskey comes through a little too much, I like whiskey so I'm happy but it's fairly dominant. Tasty, thanks for sharing.
View attachment 67066
Sounds great wish I could try that one!

I didn’t post last night because I spent the evening (along with 10 other people) on a video-call with the owner/brewer of Wilderness Brewery. They are based in Wales and mostly focus on mixed-fermentation and barrel-aged beers. We tasted and discussed these four beers last night.

View attachment 67033
View attachment 67034

Nice beers. For me the bottled biere de garde and the “so emotional” saison were the stars. The brewer, James, publishes his recipes but unless you’re going to buy a wine barrel and age your saison for a year or two, maybe just buy a can.
I'm curious how did this work, was it offered by the brewery? Sounds like fun.

View attachment 67066
Wow thanks, this has aged well but I agree the whisky is far more prominent now than it was early on, I've just a handful of these left now 😱. Thanks as always to @Pennine for making the original version of this 😄. Reading this, I'm very tempted to try the beer again this weekend and maybe even try another batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back