What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No photos I'm afraid, but a quick wander in to The Robin Hood this lunchtime (website) for a bit of sampling of their cask ales.
The Wychwood Hobgoblin was amazing - a real eye-opener compared to the kegged and bottled varients (and more sessionable, too, at 4.5%). Fresh, malty and a subtle bitter edge to it without being in-your-face hop overload. Fantastic beer.
Also had a pint of the cask WantSum brewery's Imperium - veery nice too. Another top quality malty brew.

Without wanting to sound like a zealot (I'm absolutely not) I really think that pubs should shout more about having fresh beer on cask. It's a different drink altogether.

First pint of IPA out of Keg “B”. This one has been cold crashed and sat on the bench for a couple of weeks and it tastes great!

There is no metallic taste and it is as clear as a bell. Not bad for a one year OOD Coopers IPA Kit with ditto DME that was going a bit brown!
athumb..

2493B113-370B-44FC-9D2D-E6534303FCD8.jpeg

The next two photos show three (only 9 more to go) new vents in the shed and the thickness of the wood! I really needed that pint!

7A1A3741-8FEE-4AB3-9DD8-DD1810334147.jpeg
489B93F7-1DAA-4BA7-8092-FD90462A1FF0.jpeg

Trying my small spelt saison (3.4%) for carbonation/conditioning.

This was my first brew in the G40 and first try with Lallemand Farmhouse (non-diastatic strain) and was concerned it would lose the Saisonyness. But it's got a typical saison aroma, finished dry enough and tastes pretty darn good.

Will clear over coming weeks, but I'm not bothered by a bit of haze in Saisons.

20220429_174512.jpg

20220429_174908.jpg

First sampling of my English IPA that I'm entering into the LAB Open.

Genuinely quite chuffed with this; Chevallier malt with EKG and First Gold hops, which gives it a nice marmalade vibe without it being really in your face. Head retention is probably the best I've had as well, which I'd guess is down to the addition of some torrified wheat.

View attachment 67470
First sampling of my English IPA that I'm entering into the LAB Open.

Genuinely quite chuffed with this; Chevallier malt with EKG and First Gold hops, which gives it a nice marmalade vibe without it being really in your face. Head retention is probably the best I've had as well, which I'd guess is down to the addition of some torrified wheat.
It’s looking good - I’ll have my fingers crossed for you! 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back