What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After my recent buy and try experience its back to two of my favourites to start tonight.

1651339890609.png
1651339937523.png

Last edited:
This is why we have opposable thumbs! 😂

And mine aren't expensive cos I qualified in lockdown so can do them myself! :tongue:

Did I ever tell you about the one-armed fiddler I once met?

There I was sat sitting there and …..

…. oh, I’ve already told you have I?

It’s a terrible story of deprivation and hard work, so I can well understand why you would remember!

:hat:

IMG_20220430_183014.jpg

I'll start this evening with the same beer I finished with last night.
The Mongrel ale blend.
Now that it's first, I can detect more of the component beers.
The Ernest is back, but quickly swamped by the Goldings, then the bittering hops.
So I don't have Covid ?
SWMBO'd is still testing +ve, so there's still a chance despite us dancing around each other in masks.

Still on my single hop Centennial IPA, after busy day in the garden
IMG_2022-04-29-18-05-34-177.jpg

Now trying this Citra IPA from Buxton brewery, also a single hop.
Nice fruity aroma, grapefruit bitterness and creamy head, more of a NEIPA in appearance though.
Got a brew planned this weekend with Citra and Cascade, extra pale MO and Caramalt.
IMG_2022-04-30-18-25-13-098.jpg

How on earth do you make the ABV that low?
I've never managed to make a homebrew mash that came out below the 4.2% of my Golden Delicious copy.
Blame my terrible efficiency OG was 1.033 FG 1.009 grain bill is fairly small as well throw in a bit of luck and I have an easy to drink low ABV beer. Reason I like bitter and mild is that is a style that can give tasty easy drinking beers with fairly low ABV’s.

View attachment 67595
Her ladyship declined a beer, and demanded to go straight on to the wine.. A present of Aussie Roussanne, which was destined to accompany the Chicken Basque later.
Will it last that long?
D'Arenberg are a good outfit. I sold cases and cases of this when I worked in Oddbins 20 odd years ago

View attachment 67588
I'll start this evening with the same beer I finished with last night.
The Mongrel ale blend.
Now that it's first, I can detect more of the component beers.
The Ernest is back, but quickly swamped by the Goldings, then the bittering hops.
So I don't have Covid ?
SWMBO'd is still testing +ve, so there's still a chance despite us dancing around each other in masks.
Goodness me that’s clear - top marks 531!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back