What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Reaction score
Checking out the Admiral/ EKG bitter I kegged a couple of weeks ago, conditioning nicely.
Makes a nice change from the APA's which have been my go to brew for a while.

IMG_2022-05-15-19-19-53-246.jpg

the baron

Staff member
Reaction score
If any of you can remember the "What would you call this beer recipe" thread I posted this is how it ended
A lovely Mild/Roggenbier hybrid that has a nice malty, Rye with a Caramel finish.
Would I brew this again Oh yes.
Savouring this at proper Mild temps so it oozes out the flavour
20220515_195222.jpg

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
View attachment 68468
Toasting everyone from the forum's successes at the LAB Open with a pint of my English IPA that got an honourable mention.

Massive well done to everyone that placed and particularly to @MickDundee who got a 1st place in class. acheers.
Thanks. I am also celebrating with a glass of each of my beers - 1st place in the “Pale and Malty Lagers” category Bat Out of Helles and 4th place in “Saison and Wheat beers” White Noise:

0CE1C83E-A828-4964-9F43-9EDCE3ABC08F.jpeg

the baron

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that describes it exactly a nice fruity flavour that does not punch you in the face.
If you like a British style with a little of the tropical taste maybe not quite as much as Summit try the CML Tropical England hop mix its just as I have described but fantastic value at £8.95 for 225g

marshbrewer

Out on the marshes, wailing at the moon.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll give that a look. I was initially a bit careful with Summit, because of its reputation for onion / garlic notes and just used it as a bittering addition, but this IPA has been a revelation - Summit bittering addition, Northern Brewer at 5 mins then a large (for me) 100g Summit hop stand.

Keen to try it with EKG.

Reaction score
Yes that describes it exactly a nice fruity flavour that does not punch you in the face.
If you like a British style with a little of the tropical taste maybe not quite as much as Summit try the CML Tropical England hop mix its just as I have described but fantastic value at £8.95 for 225g
That's my next brewday, Tropical England. Had a Pale with Jester hops earlier, really nice and subtle flavoured.

the baron

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll give that a look. I was initially a bit careful with Summit, because of its reputation for onion / garlic notes and just used it as a bittering addition, but this IPA has been a revelation - Summit bittering addition, Northern Brewer at 5 mins then a large (for me) 100g Summit hop stand.

Keen to try it with EKG.
Hi Marsh the onion taste I believe has been sorted by the growers I think? I have read somewhere it was to do with the way it was grown and they have found out how to avoid it.
Ps just something I have picked up when surfing