What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for the lower ABV, half a pint of Belgian Tripel to ease in the evening.

A355F1A0-B00D-4BA0-8F51-0D7430649CAE.jpeg

Well myself and the husband made a giant hole in this Vienna lager keg last night, and there’s not much left now!

Today’s mission is to get rid of it so I can move the keg and wash the floor, ready for the next brew in Feb. So I’ve got my big glass out! Daren’t fill it up though! 🙈 😂

Trying to decide what to make next - so far, amber lager is winning!

D36D1E6D-827B-4B28-9D1F-CA5F91BD64E6.png

Last edited:
20220123_170559.jpg

First up...beer swap with moto 748...his "grey sheep" bitter.
Colour as seen...opens with a feint hiss and pours clear,carbonation is spot on. Its a bit cold to start but I'm getting some nice chewy malt and a lovely assertive bitterness on the finish. The taste, to me is "Yorkshire bitter". That taste I associate with well kept,cask beer...as it warms a bit I'm getting a juicy,mouth watering subtle fruit mingling with the bitterness.
I could quaff a few of these for certain! I'd happily pay for that in a pub. A well executed pint! Thanks for sharing.
Edited...I got the name wrong (dunno where I got the first!) But...my review, I think ,serves it justice as its a Black Sheep clone possibly...which is a Yorkshire bitter!

Wee trip in past Morrisons for a roast of pork shoulder for dinner this evening. They do seem to have the beat selection of interesting beers locally. This one is ‘Eternal Sunshine’ and has the colour to match 😍. Aroma is v hoppy if perhaps not very distinct. Flavour though is soft with a bit of citrus and finishing in a longer lasting bitterness than you’d expect. This is pretty good 👍
8F65798E-2F02-422F-BB74-0478F062DE40.jpeg

Oh and my triple cooked roasties are looking good too ❤ ( Yes it’s Sunday kitchen disco time again💃)

IMG_20220123_173326.jpg

I'm back!
Exmoor Gold clone.
Aahh! That's better.
I've been forced to drink Estrella Damm for a week in Soldeu, Andorra.
Cheap, fizzy with some flavour.
IMG_20220119_150731.jpg

That's my kind of piste.
I did chance on a couple of Mahou IPAs in an Irish bar, but it just didn't feel safe in there.
Talking Covid here.
Communal singing etc.
It was a brilliant week to be there, though.

View attachment 61740
First up...beer swap with moto 748...his "grey sheep" bitter.
Colour as seen...opens with a feint hiss and pours clear,carbonation is spot on. Its a bit cold to start but I'm getting some nice chewy malt and a lovely assertive bitterness on the finish. The taste, to me is "Yorkshire bitter". That taste I associate with well kept,cask beer...as it warms a bit I'm getting a juicy,mouth watering subtle fruit mingling with the bitterness.
I could quaff a few of these for certain! I'd happily pay for that in a pub. A well executed pint! Thanks for sharing.
Edited...I got the name wrong (dunno where I got the first!) But...my review, I think ,serves it justice as its a Black Sheep clone possibly...which is a Yorkshire bitter!

So pleased you liked it, and thanks for your warm words! That's the third time I've made it. First and third were with dry yeast, the second with liquid yeast. I have about one bottle left of the batch with the liquid yeast, and I intended to do a proper side-by-side comparison to see if the liquid yeast really offers anything extra. My gut feeling is, "there isn't much in it".

I wouldn't claim it resembles Black Sheep that closely, but it is 'in the style of it', as you say. And the colour.

20220123_183401.jpg

Next another from moto748....parsnip stout!
And...yes it is! It's very cold and as yet I'm not getting much aroma but the taste is full on parsnips! It's mad...unique and great if you like parsnips...which I do!
A totally different beer to anything I've tasted before. I like it!
Thanks for sending it to me.

Wee trip in past Morrisons for a roast of pork shoulder for dinner this evening. They do seem to have the beat selection of interesting beers locally. This one is ‘Eternal Sunshine’ and has the colour to match 😍. Aroma is v hoppy if perhaps not very distinct. Flavour though is soft with a bit of citrus and finishing in a longer lasting bitterness than you’d expect. This is pretty good 👍
View attachment 61743
Oh and my triple cooked roasties are looking good too ❤ ( Yes it’s Sunday kitchen disco time again💃)
You make me smile Doc with your kitchen disco dinners!

View attachment 61749
Next another from moto748....parsnip stout!
And...yes it is! It's very cold and as yet I'm not getting much aroma but the taste is full on parsnips! It's mad...unique and great if you like parsnips...which I do!
A totally different beer to anything I've tasted before. I like it!
Thanks for sending it to me.

Opinion seem to vary on the extent to which it tastes of parsnips! Personally I do prefer to drink it cold, but not freezing cold.

I'll tell you one interesting thing, though: even for something as basic as this with zero base malts, time does improve. I found one from an earlier batch, bottled 3rd November, the other day (yours bottled mid-Dec), and, as they say, you really could Taste The Difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back