What are you drinking tonight 2022?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Reaction score
Hazy pale, I keep changing my mind on this beer.
IMG_20220103_212911193.jpg

Reaction score
Since giving myself a new year’s resolution of improving my sensory skills I’ve been watching video presentations and reading about it for a couple of days. I’m thinking of starting a new thread on the subject and involving others that might get interested. In the meantime I’m preparing a beef chilli and enjoying a pint of Summer Breeze. Cheers!

1D4874D5-DA95-4035-9056-3F955FA55D0F.jpeg

Griff097

Chief Charwalla
Reaction score
I’m starting tonight with a guest beer from @Griff097. This one is labelled as a Speckled Hen clone at 5.5%

View attachment 60694
The beer is fairly softly carbonated with a small nearly-white head that dispersed quickly to a ring of bubbles round the glass and then hung around. The beer is Amber in colour and is crystal clear.

The aroma is bready malt and a little toffee. The flavour is nice but I’m afraid the beer doesn’t taste like Speckled Hen. It is malty and there’s a good bitterness though. There is a little sweetness and a slight tackiness on my lips so I suspect a medium attenuation yeast. There are subtle fruity notes too that I think might be stone fruit? The finish is a lingering bitterness - and then it’s all gone!:mad:

Thank you!
That batch certainly didn't taste as it should, it was brewed in the summer and I ran out of fridges so it got too hot in a 40 degree unit and strained the yeast.

foxy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Today drinking my India IPA clone. While drinking was reading an article in BYO magazine. Previously I had posted eating Stilton cheese with my beer. The article I was reading was about some preserved 2,700 year old human feces found in a salt mine in Austria. It was discovered that among the well preserved remains were Saccharomyces cerevisiae and also Penicillium roqueforti, fungi used to create blue cheese! I wonder if that where the saying came from, 'Cutting the cheese'
001.JPG 002.JPG

Latest posts