What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thread Open.

Who will be the first to post in the new year.

Last edited:
Seeing in 2022 with some brewing after far too long a break - fueled by one of my favourite beers from Little Valley.
IMG_20211231_232119_543.jpg

Happy new year!
On the chimes I had a Guinness foreign extra, then followed by a couple of cans of Gordon's pink Gin for a change. Bed now!

Starting with @pilgrimhudd English IPA. Not a style I would normally brew. Light carbonation which suits the style, not sure on the hops. Maybe first gold and EKG. That's a guess but if I buy the same book as big H I could get better 😁
Happy new years everyone
View attachment 60573

I'd have to look up the hops, cant remember! Do you like it? I was a bit disappointed with it at first but as the hops have faded a bit I think it's got better. I don't know why its cloudy though, it wasnt supposed to be.

I'd have to look up the hops, cant remember! Do you like it? I was a bit disappointed with it at first but as the hops have faded a bit I think it's got better. I don't know why its cloudy though, it wasnt supposed to be.
It was nice but I wasn't to excited about the colour. Nice taste of it 👍
Belgian IPA now
IMG_20220101_153756814.jpg

This ones @matt76 english amber, opened with a little hiss, nice pour, initial thick head dissipates but doesnt disappear. Well carbonated, perfect for the style as usual. Slight chill haze, but I wouldnt notice it unless I was looking for it.

A yeasty aroma which becomes more hoppy as it warms, pleasant. Flavour wise, more lagery than I thought it was going to be, not complaining, just surprised me. Quite malty, had to scan the recipe, can definitely pick up the vienna. I noticed it was ekg hopped, I picked that up because it's not my favourite at all, but the maltiness balance that out nicely (for me).

Quite dry in so much that it pickers my mouth up a little bit, and that's the best I can describe that sensation. 😀

Overall it's nice, not my favourite but I would certainly have another. Thanks for sharing!
20220101_171719.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back