What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I think I'd like to do bigger batches. But best not, I think. Bigger batches equals more avoirdupois. The catastrophic damage that would result if anything went wrong manhandling a big batch makes me work a little more conservatively. I could injure myself and/or wreck my kitchen. I'm not risking that.

Italian pilsner for the football ⚒️
IMG_20220112_193038.jpg

Interesting..been looking at Southern Cross for a Hoppy Belgian pale

Think it would work if you used the right yeast, a punchy one. Mind you I just checked my recipe and it did come out at 42 ibu.

This was the recipe for 19l.

4kg pilsner
1 kg vienna
Mashed at 62c for 90, sparged and brought to boil.
15g magnum
10g southern cross @60
15g southern cross @ 10 and 1/4 tab of protofloc
40g southern cross, hopsteep at 70-75c for 30 mins.

Been trying to finish this keg of Mosaic and Cascade pale to make way for the Cali common I brewed at Xmas,
Had two pints, bottled 2 L,, gave my daughter a glass and it's still not kicked !
IMG_2022-01-13-17-22-50-902.jpg

Brooklyn Alcohol Free Hoppy Lager... midweek rules at the moment.... not bad at all. Very tropical and hoppy. If 4.5% of this had been ethanol it would have been ever better!

On a more serious note, the average quality of low and no alcohol beers seems to have jumped in recent years.

Last edited:
Brooklyn Alcohol Free Hoppy Lager... midweek rules at the moment.... not bad at all. Very tropical hippy. If 4.5% of this had been ethanol it would have been ever better!

On a more serious note, the average quality of low and no alcohol beers seems to have jumped in recent years.
I have it on good authority from my wife that Aldi St Etienne 0% is not bad plus it comes in 500ml bottles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back