What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a quick can of Punk IPA before the Sunday roast and now onto something very different to wash it down...

20220116_192843.jpg

Barrel-aged blended stout from Wild Beer Co. Poured almost like syrup and tastes absolutely incredible :beer1:

Hey,
What do you prefer your ABV to be at?
Me? I've been doing 13% but it was a phase. I'm going to reel it in to 10% next time.
That one is 10% and it's lovely but for some reason it's jumping out of the bottle. I brewed another tonight and it should come in around 9%. I am with H on this one, anything that hits double figures is a quad

jumping out of the bottle.
Foaming or they're going down easily?
I had a recipe that called for 1.2 C of sugar. That was fine for the first three months and then they started foaming which only means I needed to use less.
10% is a nice ABV. It's strong but it won't overpower the recipe, in my opinion.

Foaming or they're going down easily?
I had a recipe that called for 1.2 C of sugar. That was fine for the first three months and then they started foaming which only means I needed to use less.
10% is a nice ABV. It's strong but it won't overpower the recipe, in my opinion.
It's foaming when you pop the cap. If your fast it's ok. It's not kicking up the sediment. I didn't cold crash which I think was a mistake because it has a good layer of sediment in the bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back