What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T-58 and MJ-41 (one of each) or two MJ-41.
I have used t-58 before. I use liquid yeast for my Belgian beers. I am currently using WLP 550. I reuse the yeast to bring the cost down. So out of one packet I will brew a single, double, tripel and and pale ale. I think I have used my current one 6 times now

It's foaming when you pop the cap. If your fast it's ok. It's not kicking up the sediment. I didn't cold crash which I think was a mistake because it has a good layer of sediment in the bottles
In my opinion, it's the amount of priming sugar, at least that's what's happened with mine. It can take a few months for carbonation to be complete. With stouts it's obvious--beer isn't carbonated quickly at all. With heavy Belgian's, it carbs up nice but it's not finished for a while. This is anecdotal and by observation meaning I have no facts just empirical info.

Starting with an English Bitter tonight.

DE3486FD-188D-44A1-922E-814CF6D2E657.jpeg

I am drinking one of my Exmoor Golds. It's pretty meh. In fact, I've never had much success with 'plainer' brews like pale and golden ales. All you guys seem to be able to produce them no bother, but although I reckon I can brew decent, if not prize-wining, bitters and stouts, and even the odd foray into US-style IPAs and weissbiers have been pretty successful, this style continues to elude me. To be honest, it doesn't bother me much, it's hardly a favourite style anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back