What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the St Austell salute it’s my kind of beer
66FC0029-B62E-4E1A-97B4-1C965F97FFA3.jpeg

Now a taste of my latest Raspberry Sour. For me this is a much better beer than my first attempt. It’s still packed with raspberry flavour, it’s still tart rather than gurning-sour, but it is also now recognisable as a beer rather than fruit juice. I also prefer the clarity in this version over the murky appearance of the last.

C895F3E9-577F-48F5-9317-76E0F970EC0C.jpeg

That is a beautiful beer. Needs to be allowed to warm up a bit and it really changes the taste.
Didn't make it overly cold to begin with, but it still improved as it lost the slight chill. More depth of flavour and pronounced warming alcohol afterglow now,

Drinking a version of my Admiral IPA brewed by @moto748 , really interested to try this.
Would be hard to tell this from mine in a blind test. Great clarity, golden straw like colour ( EBC 16 ) sweet orangey and citrus aromas
biscuity malt with nice bitter finish at 52 IBU.
Compliments to your brewing Moto and cheers for sending athumb..
IMG_2022-03-13-18-42-33-481.jpg

IMG_20220313_185801.jpg

Now on to tonight's.
Very near the end of this cask of Exmoor clone. Still tastes fine, even if it has some fine floaters.
Lucky there's a 5L waiting to be broached.
It'll have to wait a few weeks though as we have a reunion of old chums early April.
The Brew book shows Friday's brew of a Budvar clone running record.
Fermentation was apparent after 36hrs with Mangrove Jack's M84 out in the garage at 10°C, so looking good. 🤞
Looking forward to it.
A SMASH with Saaz to 40 IBUs so it should be closer than the 'Meh' attempt, which now I know the AA content was only 12 IBUs!
That explains that then. 🤭 😏😁

Sainsbury's own London Porter. Brewed by Shep Neame. Slightly too roasty and liquorice-y for me buy good to see a dry dark beer on the shelves alongside a couple of milk stouts and the maple syrup / chocolate / peanut butter nonsense.
Fuller's London Porter is a lovely example imo.
I'm well and truly done with the sweet stouts, horrible stuff.

Drinking a version of my Admiral IPA brewed by @moto748 , really interested to try this.
Would be hard to tell this from mine in a blind test. Great clarity, golden straw like colour ( EBC 16 ) sweet orangey and citrus aromas
biscuity malt with nice bitter finish at 52 IBU.
Compliments to your brewing Moto and cheers for sending athumb..
View attachment 64684

Thanks so much for the kind words, so pleased you liked it!

I'm going to give yours a few more days yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back