What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having @DocAnna's Naeb'dy Aboot Red Festbier - love the name!

These are my favourite type of beers - variations of a style that enables you to make it your own, and exactly how I brew myself.

The description on the side of the can is definitely accurate - I get the notes of toasted marshmallow and the hob nobs as you mention Anna. I even get an aftertaste of nougat which is amazing. :onechug:

The beer is perfectly clear with a light carbonation that doesn't do a disappearing act. I would say it's top end of light-bodied to bottom end of medium. Tastes very clean and is very refreshing. It's very muggy here today and it's going down a treat.

I think the bitterness and sweetness is perfectly balanced. I may be way off - but can I taste saaz hops in it?

I think this is a very well-made lager with lots of flavour up front. We are both loving it.

Thank you for sharing - exceptional as always. clapa

View attachment 67961
Wow, thank you lots. You and @The-Engineer-That-Brews are the first people to try this version 2 of the Naeb'dy which used a different yeast and a bit of a different balance with the RedX grain. I was worried it didn't have the complexity and slight sweetness of the first version but it's conditioned nicely.

I’m just glad that I didn’t try to empty the keg a few days ago!

All I can say is “It’s getting better!” Which possibly means it will be perfect
and then I’ll run out!
aheadbutt
DCF7F7FD-E089-4533-AE0E-B60D7080626E.jpeg

Going through these beers a bit quick today, but I’d better slow down as I’ve a couple of hours cooking to do later 😬

I need to stop trying this as there’ll be none left, but we’re sharing a bottle of my hefeweizen. If I say so myself it’s one of the better ones I’ve done. 🙈

Will be sending some out asap, as long as they don’t explode 😂

3AEB824A-3C91-431B-AAEB-E30A75B2B4B0.jpeg

Wow, thank you lots. You and @The-Engineer-That-Brews are the first people to try this version 2 of the Naeb'dy which used a different yeast and a bit of a different balance with the RedX grain. I was worried it didn't have the complexity and slight sweetness of the first version but it's conditioned nicely.
Indeed I've been quaffing the @DocAnna Naeb'dy Aboot and it's another cracker! Particularly impressed with the crystal clarity and the silky mouthfeel - yum.... At pretty much 6% I'm taking it steady tho :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back