What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly gave this away today (@samale ) last bottle of v3 of wf stout. Bitterness toned down and the harsh dark malts mellowed to a very nice American stout.
C587C5A2-E4AD-4E4E-87F8-A88A550366AD.jpeg

That sounds super nice. I made a DIPA (8.5% ABV) with 142 grams (hoping 5oz US is 142g) of Columbus hops. It was grassy and earthy to the extreme and bitter. It was my biggest endeavor.
I would, however, like something oaty to go along with it.
Around here, people can't get enough of super-hopped beer. I comply with one out of five batches to please the masses.
If you knew American college football (which you might), you'd appreciate the witty nature of my name for the one above:
BuckeyePA.
Ohio State Buckeyes, college football team, pretty much the archnemesis of the Michigan Wolverines.
Columbus, Ohio is where Ohio State is.

It wasn’t anything to do with Belgium. I thought he was being a comedian with the apostrophe. Seems I was wrong lol. 🙈

I don’t need advice on reading or writing English. I have excelled in it all my life. If I were you I wouldn’t go there. Not with me anyhow.

Thanks, Tess for getting it. Thought it was obvious with the erroneous apostrophe (I even put blank text in the paragraph space) :tinhat:

amber1.jpeg

First taste of my American Amber. It's still young (17 days in the bottle), but it looks so gorgeous and clear, and is the most beautiful tawny colour, which again my dismal photograpy does little to highlight! So I couldn't resist a taste. But I have no idea what it's supposed to taste like! :D

What does it taste like? Well, it's strong (for me), and pretty strongly hopped too to match. Wouldn't be surprised if that hop balance didn't shift a bit in another couple of weeks, though. Carbonation seems just fine.

This was @Alastair70 's recipe as I recall, so I'm happy to send him a bottle, now I know it's not disgusting! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back