What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As in to complement the malt not replace it ?
That's exactly it. I appreciate the thrust forward with the hops and pushing the envelope, I do, but a delicate complement really floats my boat.
There's a beer here, discontinued in '18 that does exactly that. I emailed the head brewer and imagine my surprise when he gave me the whole shebang?
Stouts are quite in the ballpark/range of what I'm trying to convey.

My attempt at a 1910 Fullers X Mild out of one of Ron's books.

Cheers

PXL_20220513_182315622.jpg

View attachment 68329

First taste of my American Amber. It's still young (17 days in the bottle), but it looks so gorgeous and clear, and is the most beautiful tawny colour, which again my dismal photograpy does little to highlight! So I couldn't resist a taste. But I have no idea what it's supposed to taste like! :D

What does it taste like? Well, it's strong (for me), and pretty strongly hopped too to match. Wouldn't be surprised if that hop balance didn't shift a bit in another couple of weeks, though. Carbonation seems just fine.

This was @Alastair70 's recipe as I recall, so I'm happy to send him a bottle, now I know it's not disgusting! :D
Great looking beer, I’d love to try one. I’ll send you something dark and malty in return.

I don’t know what gives normal kit beers the kit beer flavour, I always suspected it was a water thing that didn‘t go away even when using Ashbeck. This range uses spraymalt, hop tea bags and cryo, so that may just be the case.
I would say it's poorly stored or oxidised malt extract. I have made plenty of beers in the early days with fresh dry extract from Maltmiller.

Trying out @dave_77 Altbier
This is another fine looking beer, a light golden brown. Clarity is excellent 👏
Nice body to the beer, good crisp dry finish. Bitterness is spot on.

Really nice beer, after tasting then reading up on the style. The only thing I would mark it down would be on its head/head retention. Flavour profile is very good, nice balanced malt aroma and flavour. Very well balanced
View attachment 68302
Glad you liked it. This is the second version I have brewed and I'm really liking the adjustments. I have had a few craft versions this year , I like the style. See how it does this weekend🤞🏼

Before I go in and cook dinner, a couple of stubbies of California Steaming, great beer.
Second a couple of long necks of stout, Guinness Clone, giving me a euphoria glow. One of those where you don't want to don the nose bag, just keep drinking.

007.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

Sorry @samale I didn't get a photo of this one. Here's the bottle though...
PXL_20220513_210838692.MP.jpg

This was rich, a lovely sweet syrup taste to it with a slight tartness, not too Belgian, a clean fermentation profile with a touch of the classic quality you would expect.

Thank you again.

Sorry @samale I didn't get a photo of this one. Here's the bottle though...View attachment 68348
This was rich, a lovely sweet syrup taste to it with a slight tartness, not too Belgian, a clean fermentation profile with a touch of the classic quality you would expect.

Thank you again.
I will let you know how both beers score this weekend. High hopes for the Saison as long as it doesn't foam over 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back