What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another of the beers from Sainsburys. Quite strong at 7.2% but carries it well, I often find stronger IPAs cloyingly sweet but this one isn’t.

1DDF408A-B3B3-4AEF-8DED-A4B5740101B6.jpeg

One I’ve been looking forward to so I bought 2 cans, also from Sainsburys. I can’t remember where I first had it (I might have bought it on-line?) but I’ve not seen it much since then. The description of liquid Bounty is not far off. I even have some Tonka beans in the fridge because I planned to make something similar. Nice.

6D4991C6-94B9-4D06-B46A-BA62EBD8B807.jpeg

One I’ve been looking forward to so I bought 2 cans, also from Sainsburys. I can’t remember where I first had it (I might have bought it on-line?) but I’ve not seen it much since then. The description of liquid Bounty is not far off. I even have some Tonka beans in the fridge because I planned to make something similar. Nice.

View attachment 68562
How are you planning on adding the coconut

View attachment 68562
I have sampled that in the Brew York tap room.

Really disappointed with the head retention on this hefe. The beer is ok I suppose though.

All my beers seem to lose flavour after a few weeks despite being really nice at first. I can’t put my finger on why. Maybe the yeast is carrying the flavour?

View attachment 68583
Hoppy ales lose some of their aroma fairly quickly because the aroma is volatile and aroma is a significant contributor to flavour.

Some yeasts (including hefe I think) do contribute flavour in themselves but as they drop out you lose that component - why I swirl and swig some of these beers.

You beers should still be flavoursome though.

You need to get into bitters and pale ales, and maybe stouts…hmmm, stout 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back