What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A slightly lively Altbier. It’s nice and malty but maybe a bit thin. I mashed this batch at 64C, next batch I’ll try at 68C. Also, I fermented this batch with California lager yeast because an Altbier should have a clean fermentation but I think it may just be too clean - maybe SO5 next time?

35D57F6B-597A-426B-B7EA-6E5083CCD81E.jpeg

@samale Saison, this looks like a standard Saison according to the BJCP guidelines.

Aroma, peppery, slightly fruity, estery.

Appearance, hazy, thick head, long lasting.

Flavour, Ok so immediately a slightly painty flavour which I was looking out for after previous comments. However, a sip or two after this goes and your left with what you'd expect a saison to be, spicy fruity etc. I like it. I'm not sure what the immediate flavour is, did you add any spices to it?

Mouthfeel, light. Well carbonated.

So, obvious thing is that there is a slight painty flavour to begin with, this goes pretty quickly, everything else seems great to me. I don't know what caused this ? It goes pretty quickly but defo there at first tasting.
WIN_20220521_19_58_48_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
@samale Saison, this looks like a standard Saison according to the BJCP guidelines.

Aroma, peppery, slightly fruity, estery.

Appearance, hazy, thick head, long lasting.

Flavour, Ok so immediately a slightly painty flavour which I was looking out for after previous comments. However, a sip or two after this goes and your left with what you'd expect a saison to be, spicy fruity etc. I like it. I'm not sure what the immediate flavour is, did you add any spices to it?

Mouthfeel, light. Well carbonated.

So, obvious thing is that there is a slight painty flavour to begin with, this goes pretty quickly, everything else seems great to me. I don't know what caused this ? It goes pretty quickly but defo there at first tasting.
Paint 🎨
😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back