What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from a small glass of my latest saison, I haven't had a HB beer for a few weeks. Being away and not having a fully functional kegerator as slowed the drinking down. But tonight the wife asked for a beer so I put on the pilsner keg and poured us each one.

It's been off the gas for a while and the change in temp as made it not as carbed as planned.

After doing 18 kits I decided to try a Full Extract Kit. So tonight I sampled one, a Full Extract Citra Pale Ale Kit from the Homebrew Company. It is a lovely brew, I am delighted with the results. Lovely citrus hop aroma and a very definite grapefruit flavour similar to a Pink Grapefruit IPA which I love. Looking forward to enjoying the other 38 x 500ml bottles.

Attachments

• EFD5703A-111A-4D45-A507-E646F34E0CD4.jpeg
    EFD5703A-111A-4D45-A507-E646F34E0CD4.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 6
SWMBO found this in Tesco earlier so added it to my usual weekend beers (picture from google images) if it tastes as good as the description it'll a good one.

A limited edition cask beer which proved a huge hit when unveiled by Shepherd Neame last year, is now available to buy in bottle.

New Dawn Citrus IPA was created last May for Cask Club, Shepherd Neame’s contemporary cask ale initiative which sees a new beer released each month.

Brewed with Mandarina hops sourced from the Hallertau region of Germany, New Dawn also has dried sweet orange zest added during the brewing process. It is a straw-coloured beer with a mellow smooth bitterness, hints of orange and a refreshing citrus hit courtesy of the Mandarina hops and orange zest. It offers a sweet, slightly drying palate, and is ideally served lightly chilled.

New Dawn Citrus IPA is now available in a 500ml bottle (5% ABV) from Shepherd Neame’s online shop and from selected Tesco stores nationwide.

Shepherd Neame National Account Manager Amanda Beer said: “With its exciting flavour profile and vibrant look, New Dawn achieved an outstanding national on-trade reach throughout May last year. This success enabled us to present the brand to Tesco, and we are delighted to announce that it has just been listed in 241 Tesco stores nationwide. It is a fantastic beer and we are delighted to make it a permanent part of our range.”

1653672253660.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back