What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
89540E53-19D6-415A-B99D-614964D0B0A1.jpeg

Greg Hughes Weissbier made with Imperial G01 Stefon

Generally I am of the view that dried yeast is good enough but I have to admit Weissbier is one of those styles which does benefit from using a more ’premium’ pack of liquid. Big Banana flavour woth just a hint of sourness it might not be everyone’s kind of beer but it is certainly my kind of beer cheers and happy Sunday.

Last edited:
Also one of my favourites.
This beer (which I love) once caused my credit card to be put on hold! It was on offer in a chain of small shops (I think it was Nisa) at four for £5 but most of the shops only had 4 or 8 in stock. I was driving round a part of Cambridgeshire house hunting and stopped at several of the shops to buy up their stocks of this beer in advance of a party I was giving. By the time I got to the fourth shop my card was locked. Apparently a series of small purchases is a classic indicator of a lost or stolen card......several small purchases are done as a test before making a larger one. The credit card company were highly amused by my explanation......

IMG_20220627_141353.jpg

Had with a salad lunch.
Bought yesterday evening from Aldi, Albufeira.
Supposedly a craft unfiltered Kolsch from the Portuguese Super Bock brewery.
Someone remind me what that should be like.
Just seems a little darker/maltier version of yesterday's San Miguel Especial.
Not unpleasant, just unexceptional.
Perhaps we're just spoilt back in Blighty (and other craft and real ale nations).
Can't wait for their shop to open tomorrow to get some recommeded beers from the Marafada brewery in Algoz.

IMG_20220626_184444.jpg

That reminds me, I also bought this as an experiment.
€1.59 - yes folks, that's £1.37 a bottle of local regional red wine.
Well the back label says it's fruity.
I'll report back once it's been tried.
If I'm still conscious, that is.
Ignore the box behind which was €7.5 and was gorgeous, with a first evening's steak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back