What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke too soon 🤷‍♂️ Bitter is gone so moving on to the Altbier.

E8DC1FA1-5FE0-45EF-BCF1-171491AC509E.jpeg

Mine was hopped with Mandarina too. I haven’t heard of the other one though. Always like to learn about new hops.
Kazbek has a herbal Lemon type vibe. Thought the lemon and the orange flavours would be suited to the style. It's probably ever so slightly too hoppy compared to a traditional Witbier.

With my best bitter having kicked yesterday I’ve put my premium bitter on tap today. The best is 4.5%, premium is stronger at 5.4%. The malt flavour is quite strong and slightly sweet, the hops are earthy and spicy, bitterness is fairly strong. The finish is dry, sweet, bitter, and pepper all at the same time.

D45831F6-0EFD-4297-B7D0-52AE54E70D01.jpeg

This is my second go at a Vienna Lager. Only 3.5 weeks old at this point. As you can see it is extremely cloudy as I had a small accident when I was kegging. Note to self: make sure there’s no pressure in the keg before you start the transfer. (The yeast exploded). What’s really maddening is I’ve made that mistake before! 🤪🙄

Anyway, it hasn’t gone exactly to plan as it finished way too sweet for my lager tastebuds (1.012) and I think it’s spoiled it. However it is extremely malty which I love and I’m hoping some more yeast will drop out before it all gets scoffed, and make it a bit prettier looking! 😂

D2CF0897-E257-48D5-80C2-09657422D421.jpeg

Last edited:
As I start on the evening meal I thought I would open this Tesco version of Asti which was about £3 cheaper then Martini at the time I bought it. I have to say it’s almost as good and deffo worth the £3 saving.

View attachment 70787
I've probably said this before,

Have Asti with a chocolate desert.

Heaven awaits all those who tread here.

IMG_20220629_131818.jpg

Blimey, this is not like me.
I appear to be last and first.
A lunchtime in the Algarve, Craft Pale Ale.
Lovely Citrus and fresh fruity hops followed by a smooth pale ale then bitter follow through flavours.
These Marafada brewers know their job.
More interesting than the malty Marzen yesterday evening (to which it was suited), but that's not meant to be hop-forward, is it?

This evening I've drunk both of @matt76 may competition entries, delivered nearly 4 weeks late!! Glad to say that the prolonged wait in the sorting office/back of car/bin etc hasn't affected the flavour.

Firstly my favourite, the American Amber, this was deelish, poured lovely, nice thick creamy head, sort of a pine/resin aroma. Slight haze and a dark copper sort of colour. Flavour much like the aroma, quite resiny, like it a lot. Medium bodied but the astringency (sp) makes it seem drier. A lovely well made and tasty beer.
20220629_172130.jpg

The next was the hazy pale, less well carbonated than the last, thin head which does last most of the glass, good lacing. Aroma wonderful, sort of citrus with extra grapefruit. Hazy as advertised. Flavour, just slightly disappointing, not as flavoursome as aroma would suggest, also found it a little thin, that said still tasty and would defo order again. It was definitely better than what was originally in this glass that I nicked from a pub on Saturday (I'm 41 🙄) . Thanks for sharing and I'm just sorry that they didn't make the running for the competition !
20220629_183837.jpg

This evening I've drunk both of @matt76 may competition entries, delivered nearly 4 weeks late!! Glad to say that the prolonged wait in the sorting office/back of car/bin etc hasn't affected the flavour.

Firstly my favourite, the American Amber, this was deelish, poured lovely, nice thick creamy head, sort of a pine/resin aroma. Slight haze and a dark copper sort of colour. Flavour much like the aroma, quite resiny, like it a lot. Medium bodied but the astringency (sp) makes it seem drier. A lovely well made and tasty beer. View attachment 70869

The next was the hazy pale, less well carbonated than the last, thin head which does last most of the glass, good lacing. Aroma wonderful, sort of citrus with extra grapefruit. Hazy as advertised. Flavour, just slightly disappointing, not as flavoursome as aroma would suggest, also found it a little thin, that said still tasty and would defo order again. It was definitely better than what was originally in this glass that I nicked from a pub on Saturday (I'm 41 🙄) . Thanks for sharing and I'm just sorry that they didn't make the running for the competition !
View attachment 70870
Glad you enjoyed them 👍 As you say, shame they didn't make it in time for the competition but I'm pleased they survived the journey and got there in the end 🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back