What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in the mood for something a bit different now.

B3570C73-6716-4B5E-A769-4B788F05059B.jpeg

20220801_193018.jpg

First up was the Tony Singh Indian Lager. I don't have the best sense of smell or taste, but I cannot sense any cardamom at all. It is a decent lager but I won't rush to buy it again.

20220802_195944.jpg

Second up, one I was looking forward to most as I like wits/weiss/weizens, was the Glasgow Breworks New England Hefeweizen. It's disappointing from the point of view that it doesn't match the description on the can. It's not hitting that blend of fruity NEIPA and banana/clove Hefeweizen. There's a slight banana taste at the end but I'm not getting the huge fruity/zesty/citrusy aroma on the nose that a NEIPA would give. Don't get me wrong, it's a good beer but not as advertised, IMHO. I would probably buy again though.

Finishing off transferring from my two fermenters of sour beers to kegs. This is the last I was willing to transfer if the blackcurrant honey and Citra sour. It’s got a proper pop of sourness and the honey adds complexity. This one is really nice even without carbonation so I’m just going to lightly carbonate it

77F0582F-1711-40BA-B1D6-121BA5161F03.jpeg

Doctors orders, no beer. Some may turn up their noses at alcohol free beer, but it’s come a very long way since Kaliber, and I’d drink this in preference to a lot of commercial lagers.

Attachments

• E1B80FB8-687C-417F-9CE2-6A2743DFE48D.jpeg
    E1B80FB8-687C-417F-9CE2-6A2743DFE48D.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 0
Bottle conditioned Golden Ale is looking and tasting great.🙄 Only got 6 bottles left..one for this month's comp and the rest for the golden ale swap..you seen any more posted by me and that's one less swap I'm in for🤷🏽
View attachment 72671
Make sure one of your swaps is with me and it can do a double-shift! 😂

First taste of my Tropical English IPA, a recipe tweaked from crossmyloofs recipes. Just under 4 weeks in bottle and first impressions are that it needs more conditioning. It looks good, aroma good, tastewise a bit raw, slight hop burn, flavour gets pushed out by the bitterness, definitely improves as it gets warmer and your mouth gets used to it! I'm happy with it but I was expecting more, hopefully in a few more weeks it'll be better.

20220803_195559.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back