What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dry hopped my Italian pilsner, that will need a keg as well soon. My hazy pale has been waiting on the golden ale
First world problems 😁

Another couple of golden ales for me too.

752C002D-329B-421C-9D80-8BC47D7CE9C2.jpeg

So, it appears I have invented Proper Job! 😂

Side-by side comparison…

View attachment 72710

PJ is the merest hint more golden than mine but this might be because it’s a smidge more clear. Mine has better head retention. The aroma is almost identical, mine might be marginally stronger. PJ has a little more bitterness but otherwise the flavour is the same.

If anyone wants a PJ clone my Golden Ale will get you 98% of the way there!
Hi HB, definitely interested.
I've not been following this beer's thread, and I'm being lazy here, but -
What's the quickest route to find your Golden Ale recipe please?
Thanks.

Enjoying a holiday in Cornwall....stumbled upon this brewery when out. Looking forward to these🍻🍻
ooooh you lucky bugger! harbour special is what Doom bar should be. Caliburn is a cracking pint especially in the depths of winter,
they do a good sunday roast at the brewery , the brisket was very good, sadly didn't rate the steak night though for the price.
we went down last weekend for a "Cornwall fix" and I had a cracking few pints of sea fury in the "ship inn in Wadebridge" thumb.

these lads brew some good beers too :

https://www.dynamitevalley.com/

IMG_20220804_202151.jpg

My Dortmunder.
Boy did I need/deserve this.
After a lunch at ours with SWMBOd's ex-colleagues.
Then a rapid replacement of a broken spoke in my bike's rear wheel, (noticed yesterday evening) so I could do my daily exercise ride before sundown.
Phew!
Achieved.
Strangely this bottle has a metallic aftertaste.
No metal actually in there, nor in previous tastings of the same beer.
The closure is an old Vulcanite/Ebonite screw-in one.
A new silicone seal ring used.
So maybe the stopper is the culprit.

Really enjoyed this one. Quite malty, just up my street. May investigate trying to brew something similar once I'm back home and plan my next few brews. A cocktail van cane to our campsite so my wife was happy sipping a Pina colada as well. Camping has changed quite a bit in the 10 years since we last pitched a tent 😂😂

Attachments

• IMG_20220804_210732_411.jpg
    IMG_20220804_210732_411.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220804_210725_631.jpg
    IMG_20220804_210725_631.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 0
ooooh you lucky bugger! harbour special is what Doom bar should be. Caliburn is a cracking pint especially in the depths of winter,
they do a good sunday roast at the brewery , the brisket was very good, sadly didn't rate the steak night though for the price.
we went down last weekend for a "Cornwall fix" and I had a cracking few pints of sea fury in the "ship inn in Wadebridge" thumb.

these lads brew some good beers too :

https://www.dynamitevalley.com/
Any other recommendations, I’m off to Cornwall next month. I expect we will visit Sharps and St.Austell, and Healys cider farm. Tintagel sounds like it should be on the list.

I bet @pilgrimhudd has a suggestion or two too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back