What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What yeast did you use?
M15, although it seems like all of my beers have had haze issues since I have been back in Denver. This one is pretty young though I have been drinking it out of the keg it fermented in. I think it was brewed 23 July. So it could be that? The only beer I have been able to get clear was a wheat beer?

M15, although it seems like all of my beers have had haze issues since I have been back in Denver. This one is pretty young though I have been drinking it out of the keg it fermented in. I think it was brewed 23 July. So it could be that? The only beer I have been able to get clear was a wheat beer?
Curious. Flocculation is usually quite good with M15. What was your water profile?

Power failure in our area, so had to come outside to the other side of the garden as the battery fail safe didn't allow me to turn the alarm off (inherited an ancient system). Estimated fix for 10:30 tonight 🤦‍♂️ in the meantime my West coast murky IPA

IMG_20220812_195129.jpg

Curious. Flocculation is usually quite good with M15. What was your water profile?
Yeah that is what I read too, I am going to brew your award winning bitter next and use S-04 to check if it is a yeast issue. Usually s-04 drops likes a rock for me. Here are the stats.

1660330474307.png

Quite high on the sulphate but nothing obvious there, what about pH?
Yeah I was trying out higher sulphates to see if I prefer them. I don't it's very sulphury to me.

pH was
20min mash - 5.39
Pre boil - 5.21
Post boil - 5.04

IMG_20220812_192803.jpg
Then it was an OOD Beer52 GCBC Boston Helles lager.
BBE April 2022.
Still fresh and lightly fruity.
The pizza was a try-out on SWMBOds new(ish) Big chiminea using a Cornish volcanic stone to cook on.
Typical me, stone way too hot on the still glowing red embers of the wood fire.
The base tells the story.
I ate the charcoaled bases, SWMBOd had other pieces cooked in a more controlled conventional oven.
I must remember to be more patient.

Back from my Jolibobs in Spain.

Time for some beer that tastes a bit more beer like. I'm not knocking lager, when it's 40°c and you are sat doing nothing in blazing sunshine, it has its place, but I'm ready for something tasty.

How about a homebrew SAISON!

(Why don't people write it like that anymore? Is it because I've finally got round to brewing one? :laugh8: )

This Kegs seems to be lasting ages.

IMG_20220812_202148.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back