What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last bottle that's spare of golden ale swap brew
IMG_20220819_171857.jpg

It’s been two weeks since I transferred my imperial stout to the barrel and you might remember I had 4 1/2 pints left over so I put this in bottles. I decided I wanted to see how it was developing so this is the runt - the bottle with a half-pint of head space. Surprisingly it isn’t ruined.

The aroma is coffee, dark chocolate, raisins, and alcohol but even at this young age the 11.5% alcohol isn’t hot.

The flavour is very smooth and much like the aroma but the alcohol is more apparent. The chocolate and raisins linger on the finish.

8CDA58DD-2FD7-4EC0-A286-8FFF5FEDE153.jpeg

79AAA4F2-A6B8-43F4-B012-6E7CBB785370.jpeg
There is something slightly terrifying about drawing the first glass from a five gallon batch wondering will it be okay. The beer in question is GH Mild fermented with Voss. OG 1.039 FG 1.012 ABV 3.5%.

Head is a tad lacking (although I did prime at 3g Cane Sugar per litre so perhaps not surprising, it is carbonated but very much a cask beer level of carbonation. Flavour is slightly nutty with a little sweetness very minimal bitterness, it tastes like a Mild which is a good sign.

View attachment 73639
There is something slightly terrifying about drawing the first glass from a five gallon batch wondering will it be okay. The beer in question is GH Mild fermented with Voss. OG 1.039 FG 1.012 ABV 3.5%.

Head is a tad lacking (although I did prime at 3g Cane Sugar per litre so perhaps not surprising, it is carbonated but very much a cask beer level of carbonation. Flavour is slightly nutty with a little sweetness very minimal bitterness, it tastes like a Mild which is a good sign.
Screenshot_20220819-185345_Google.jpg

603E42D5-2726-471E-947C-7D2D82154D7B.jpeg

For reasons unknown the second pint of Mild has a much better head it’s a tad stronger than I intended at 3.5% (target was 3.2) but still in the easy drinking session beer range. Now I just need t9 brew a session bitter to drink alongside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back