What are you drinking tonight?

Discussion in 'General Beer Discussion' started by LarryF, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 19, 2017 #2621

marlon

marlon

marlon

Senior Member Supporting Member

My Bavarian Smoked Beer 'Holy Smoke' - well chilled and well carbonated :drink:

2. May 19, 2017 #2622

Linalmeemow

Linalmeemow

Linalmeemow

Regular. Supporting Member

Schneider Weisse Tap 7 that I picked up for 33p a bottle (!) at the Everards Brewery shop, along with a nice bottle of Chimay Red and a Wild Beer Pogo.

3. May 19, 2017 #2623

dad_of_jon

dad_of_jon

dad_of_jon

Beer designer Supporting Member

:thumb:

that is one of the few drinkable green king ales IMO. They have a suffolk springer or something like that which is good too.

4. May 19, 2017 #2624

Chrissparky

Chrissparky

Chrissparky

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Just bought 12 bottles of Sierra Nevada pale ale. Just drinking my first one. Nice beer, got the ingredients for a clone on my last order from malt miller. I'm going to brew it with heavy late and dry hop cascade. One of my favourite beers but is sometimes better than others due to freshness I'm guessing. Probably a brewday next Friday after I bottle the punk clone in my brew fridge on Thursday.

5. May 19, 2017 #2625

Slid

Slid

Slid

Forum Friend Moderator

Bottled 24 March.

A single hop Marynka pale ale. Just a touch of wheat and a 250g Crystal addition. What a beer this is.

Looks and tastes a bit of marmalade.

6. May 19, 2017 #2626

sdt7618

sdt7618

sdt7618

Just back from kids runs...... first of my youngs harvest pilsner with cascade. And the verdict is, the youngs lager is better. But it's still nice.

Then onto the first of the second batch of festival endeavour, first kit I have done twice.:)

7. May 19, 2017 #2627

Hoddy

Hoddy

Hoddy

Junior Member Supporting Member

Saison de Japon, life and death, with a anspatch & Hobday the IPA. Then maybe one of my American saison, followed up by a black IPA.

Needless to say I'm playing golf tomorrow morning so I'm planning on having a hangover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sdt7618 likes this.
  8. May 19, 2017 #2628

JFB

JFB

JFB

I'm on a freshly brewed patersbier that needs more time and the misses is on our ever dwindling stock of house raspberry wheat..

Attached Files:

9. May 19, 2017 #2629

iamthefly

iamthefly

iamthefly

I've a recipe for the raspberry what in the Grief Hughes book, but I've wondered if the raspberries add any sourness to the beer, should I mash a little higher temp to compensate?

10. May 20, 2017 #2630

JFB

JFB

JFB

Just go as the book tells you and use any clean yeast that you have. Ive used wb06, us05 and pitched on MJ cali common cake. The wb06 was the favourite but also the highest alcohol version brewed.
    Just make sure to defrost raspberrys and when racking into bottling bucket put some kind of mesh over the tube as any bits of raspberry that finds its way into a bottle can go very champagne like:lol:

11. May 20, 2017 #2631

MickDundee

MickDundee

MickDundee

Not tonight, but we were away for a couple of days last week and I had BD Hop Fiction and Thornbridge Tart for the first time.

I was disappointed with Tart - it was my first sour beer and it just tasted like cheap cider to me.

Hop Fiction was very nice, but I think my current IPA has ruined my palate because it wasn't as hoppy as I was expecting. I would definitely buy it again though.

12. May 20, 2017 #2632

Clint

Clint

Clint

Hammered..... Supporting Member

Last night was out to wetherspoons for a few slurps. There was a nice light beer I can't remember the name of and a really good pint from Orkney....Orkney Dark..a stout of sorts but quite drinkable...for instance had 5 pints of it! Topped it all off with an Indian. ....

13. May 20, 2017 #2633

Leon103

Leon103

Leon103

Supping my remaining beers I had from beer52. Some really good beers in there. I went to cancel the subscription (started because of offer) and they agreed to send me 10 mikkeller beers, a snack and a magazine for £19 bargain.

Last night I tried my bitter that's been in the bottle (warm) for 3 weeks. It was a lovely pint, really surprised how nice it was already. Can't wait to drink more.

Also had a cloudwater v13 amazing one of the best drinks I have had in ages

14. May 20, 2017 #2634

Malthead

Malthead

Malthead

Drinking a honey wheat [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15. May 21, 2017 #2635

marlon

marlon

marlon

Senior Member Supporting Member

Some kind of bitter. Can't tell what, my homebrew label fell of the keg. :doh:
    (Note to self - must find better glue than milk) :-?

16. May 21, 2017 #2636

Chippy_Tea

Chippy_Tea

Chippy_Tea

Administrator. Administrator

I have the 6 bottles below and the only one i have had before is the Lancaster Bomber Amber Ale so will probably pick the first two or three i see in the fridge.

[​IMG]

Box Contents

Ringwood Razorback Amber Ale Taste: With an ideal balance of hoppiness and malt, this easy drinking thirst quencher is the perfect beer for all occasions.

Lancaster Bomber Amber Ale Taste: A classic English ale, chestnut in colour with a lovely full-bodied flavour, enriched with a wonderful late hop character.

Brakspear Bitter Taste: Amber in colour, the initial taste of malt and well hopped bitterness dissolves into a bittersweet and fruity finish.

Marston's Pedigree Amber Ale Taste: Bottle conditioned so closer to cask Pedigree. Fascinating aroma, with a palate of biscuity malt, spicy hops & fruitiness.

Jennings Cumberland Ale Taste: A supreme and refreshing golden ale with unique character and slight citrus after taste.

Hobgoblin Ruby Beer Taste: A full bodied, ruby beer with chocolate and toffee malt flavours balanced by a bitter and overall fruity, mischievous character.

17. May 21, 2017 #2637

Gunge

Gunge

Gunge

2 pints of Chez Gunge stout, a pint of Northern Lights ( a light ale I dreamed up, hopped with Northern Brewer and Aurora - geddit?), preceded by a glass of House red to go with the steak and chips with all the trimmings supper.

18. May 21, 2017 #2638

pvt_ak

pvt_ak

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer ! Supporting Member

Sounds good - I'm still new to this game but nothing gives me greater pleasure - other than clearly the taste and after feeling - of spending a day supping home made delights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. May 21, 2017 #2639

chub1

chub1

chub1

Junior Member Supporting Member

had almost the last of my Black IPA from my barell and also a 'Dana' single hop brew:thumb:

20. May 21, 2017 #2640

dad_of_jon

dad_of_jon

dad_of_jon

Beer designer Supporting Member

I'd have thought with a DANA beer you'd have put in 'all kinds of everything' :whistle:

DOJ ducks to avoid bottle thrown at him :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.