What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
currently supping a bottle of Elvis juice,first time for me and I gotta say is right up my street as far as ale goes:thumb:bet Elvis never let it slip past his lips:whistle:

Owt I can get me hands on. Been a dry week cos of doing nights. But first, time to make an industrial strength/weapons grade/incendiary/volcanic hell vindaloo.

Owt I can get me hands on. Been a dry week cos of doing nights. But first, time to make an industrial strength/weapons grade/incendiary/volcanic hell vindaloo.

Cant beat the good old bum burner for supper , Dont forget the bog rolls in the fridge for the morning S***. :lol:

Lol I'm no stranger to wearing the ol' Japanese flag. Worth it tho'!
Ice cubes in a pair of rubber pants is a big relief if it gets extreme, second day curry over chips can increase discomfort. But then cold pan wipings with a slice of bread and butter is a pure luxury, :lol:

Not entirely sure about the quality of the curry related posts above. Perhaps just too near the edge of infraction?

Anyway, I have been drinking a Black Sheep Riggwelter clone from the GW book. I had a couple of these in a pub on New Years Eve and it was my first brew of 2017.

Tastes of wheat, not bananas, but I would really recommend it.

Having one of these while babysitting my niece and nephew, a Sam Adams Rebel IPA and it's pretty darn good, loads of resinous hop flavour, very enjoyable.

raided tesco last night with my boy because we've wiped out the lighter beers sooner than expected :doh:

40 bottles of wheat beer still 3 weeks away :doh::doh:

so had 2 erdingers, a belhaven grapfruit ipa whice was very nice but not as good as elvis juice and something with the word wolf in it at 5.5% again a tidy drop.

Had a first pint of Blue Moon last night - very pleasant. Easy drinking and the orange kick makes it a quaffable summer drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not entirely sure about the quality of the curry related posts above. Perhaps just too near the edge of infraction?

Anyway, I have been drinking a Black Sheep Riggwelter clone from the GW book. I had a couple of these in a pub on New Years Eve and it was my first brew of 2017.

Tastes of wheat, not bananas, but I would really recommend it.

What yeast did you use for this Slid? I'm going to be brewing this recipe too so tips are appreciated.

What yeast did you use for this Slid? I'm going to be brewing this recipe too so tips are appreciated.

The yeast has a bit of a tale to it. The previous brew had been a Ruby Mild which I used WLP002 - The Danstar English Ale yeast that had become available as a dry yeast. This fermented down to about 1.018 or so, so I added some US05 and down it went to about 1.007. I re-used some of the slurry from this - so a mixture of the English Ale Yeast and US 05 in the Riggwelter.

Whether or not this combination is a good idea, I can't say, but it tastes fine to me. US 05 is my go-to as it is clean tasting, highly attenuating and ferments at fairly high temperatures. If you wanted more body, then I expect Coopers yeast would be an easily available alternative that also accommodates high temps.

One of my all time favourites, Anchor Porter. It's so silky smooth, chocolatey and delicious. I wish I could make a porter this good :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back