What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started with a weissen that I had in the garage for ages.

Now on my take on a NEIPA. Just over 2 weeks in he bottle and it's getting better each time I try it. Next up a oatmeal stout

Grabbed a few from tesco I haven't had before. Not bad so far.
0221476be7c0c9969554d622aa1cb1fc.jpg

He had a few hits but his manager was rubbish

Could have done better imo:lol:

Speaking of which. Did you know :

A North-east brewery has lost its legal battle with the estate of Elvis Presley over the name of its beer.

BrewDog filed the trademark for its Elvis Juice in 2015 and BrewDog Elvis Juice in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead Pony Club clone, Cwtch, and now the first bottle of my Zeitgeist clone. It's a good un I'm happy to say :) few more weeks conditioning I think it'll be a belter!

Had a little trip to Tesco earlier and got a couple of bottles as I don't want to open a MK this week. Tonight I will be drinking Flying Dog Numero UNO and a Pistonhead Amber, washed down with a couple of bottles of my American Wheat HB.
Tried that piston head amber last week and it's ok IMO.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Speaking of which. Did you know :

A North-east brewery has lost its legal battle with the estate of Elvis Presley over the name of its beer.

BrewDog filed the trademark for its Elvis Juice in 2015 and BrewDog Elvis Juice in 2016.

Doesn't surprise me in the least that the Americans challenged a name on the basis that it's a Trademark!

Legend has it that about twenty years ago the Indian Government had to go to a US court to challenge an agricultural outfit in the USA that had applied for a patent on the spice Turmeric.

Grown in India for over a thousand years (well before Columbus even discovered America) if the Indian Government hadn't made and won their challenge, every Turmeric producer in the world would have had to pay a royalty bonus to the US company that had applied for the patent! :oops:

American business is voracious in the extreme. :nono: :nono:

Personally, I feel really sorry for any Scot called Ronald McDonald who wants to open his own café and serve bits of fried minced beef on a bread roll. He'd probably have to call it "Fred's Kaff" :lol: :lol:

1st elvis
2nd erdinger - don't forget to swirl the last cm of beer and add to the rest
3rd shipyard - meh compared to the other 2 :whistle:

not a bad choice manx. :thumb:

Yeah wheat beer is one of my old tastings...many a nite in Germany looking at hazy beer then memory gone....
The elvis is just a one off bottle..couldn't drink all nite..unless there nowt else to sup!
The rye beer is growing on me the spicy kick is unusual and nice.
Got my milk stout for tomorrow's tasting...or I might have a dry day!!!
Bri

Wonder what brew dog will do now? A name change?
Suggestions....
EVILS juice..see that? Play on words...but print the E and the L in a different colour
Or...Mr Presley would do

It's not looking good! :nono:

Not even 4pm and already into the 2nd litre of Vienna Lager Batch Two! :whistle:

Got a feeling that MK4 (started this morning) may be dead before tomorrow night. :thumb:

My excuse was that it's raining, but just noticed that it's stopped! :nono:

Ah well, that's life as we know it! :thumb: :thumb:

Currently supping Brewdog Kingpin whilst getting the last of the sun whilst putting the memory of holiday shopping with 3 women to bed

Currently supping Brewdog Kingpin whilst getting the last of the sun whilst putting the memory of holiday shopping with 3 women to bed

This might be read in two ways:

One is your **** is worn out shopping with SWMBO plus 2 other irritating female relatives.

Two is that there are three attractive women awaiting satisfaction.

I know which is the more likely. :lol:

This one turned out really nice, as in, absolutely and exactly spot on for the style:

Maris Otter 5.66kg

Admiral 20g @ 60mins
EKG 20g @ 15mins
EKG 9g @ 0mins
Bobek 17g @ 0mins

Bobek is another name for Styrian Goldings.

This was a 25L in the FV and 24L in the bottles brew, so 10% less malt for a 5 gallon, 22.7L.

Just stunning. Not particularly hoppy, nor malty, just top drawer drinking beer.
I have thought long and hard, ludicrously often, on what beer to make next, but I would recommend this, for your good selves, or any slight variation

Nothing different for me, started with my Austrian Dark Lager, then polished off the remnents of my Belgian Jupiler, now supping a Draft Heineken....yep..! I know...! Thumper tomorrow :doh:

Second tasting of my NEIPA tonight, much happier with it after an extra few days of conditioning. My wife is cooking steaks for dinner so it'll be onto a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back