What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I am drinking two bottles of "Proper Job", Cornish IPA by St Austell Brewery. 5.5%.

Very hoppy and lovely. It's bottled conditioned so has sediment which I quite like. Just like my home brew.

Necking a few Grolsch as want the bottles and they were 3 for fiver down the shop. Not an amazing drink, but easy to sup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonite I am drinking a NZ stout from BRB (Boundary Rd Brewing ) called Arabica Dabra coffee oatmeal stout. In a word...

FANTASTIC!!!

Had a bottle of Enefeld London Porter on Saturday, and it was bloody lovely! Hints of coffee and chocolate with a pronounced dark fruit flavour underpinning it all, absolutely gorgeous.

Had a two pints of magic rocks cannonball in the pub after work. A FIKA from thornbridge (cold brew coffee stout) with my Friday takeaway curry. Now the kids are asleep, I've just popped this beauty open oude geuze boon black label oh my God this is amazing! Bone dry finish not to sour lovely fruity Aroma. I think I've found my desert island beer.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Seriously, Stig where does that sit in relation to Boon oude geuze and marriage parfait? I can't believe i've not picked up one of those yet on my forays to Belgium! :oops:

Mea Culpa!! I'm drinking a nice Merlot wine from France :thumb:

SWMBO said "Have we used ALL of that already?" and I had to reply "I didn't do it on my own you know!" :lol: :lol:

The "that" was the first 10 litre keg of Merlot that we brought back from France 17 days ago. (It may be finished by Wednesday!) :whistle:

Happy Days!! :thumb: :thumb:

PS

I had a couple of the "Low ABV Pale Ale" this afternoon whilst tidying up the garage. Down to the last few litres and it has started to clear!! :thumb: :thumb:

Very nice though! :lol::lol:

Cheeky couple of my best Bitter - very quaffable although wish head retention was better.

Meant to be on a Monday to Thursday wagon but I have no will power [emoji56]

Cheeky couple of my best Bitter - very quaffable although wish head retention was better.

Meant to be on a Monday to Thursday wagon but I have no will power [emoji56]

I used to be on that wagon but the ride was too harsh. So I got off :grin:

Having a drygate IPA, pretty nice. Then most likely a Williams bro iconic ale. Another one that I like.

Paters bier from Homebrew Handbook. Interesting. Has that Belgian strong ale base, while still having a malty side. A perfectly good beer; not challenging my Westmalle Tripel though.

This came in just short of 9% ABV, and reading up, a true Paters bier is not in that high range. I know the Homebrew Handbook is a bit quirky, but it gives me some inspiration at least.

Starting to well grasp the constituents and how the final beer will likely taste.

My first beer made with a starter (albeit from a dried T-58).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back