What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
drinking one of these, says its a west coast style pale ale, tastes like pineapple flavoured hops, amazing beer.

I had 'long white cloud' by this brewery a little while ago and it was superb, was part of a mixed box of craft beers I got online. Unfortunately don't think they are available from any big retailer yet, at least not near me.

Tonight though I am drinking my Old Peculiar style extract brew

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53067&page=3

image.jpg

A bottle of Shepherd Neame Late Red. My daughter bought me a box of 6 Shepherd Neame beers for Fathers day. This Late Red is good.

yes that plus their bishops finger and their 1698 :-D

not had any SN lately due to their clear glass bottles and not being able to re-use them for my stuff.:mrgreen:

On holiday this week so drinking on school nights :-D

Amongst other things I had a Guinness golden ale. Tasted very thin, no body to it. If I'd brewed it I would describe it as acceptable but not one to impress the friends.

Also had Tesco's American Rye, tasted a bit like their Saison (which they didn't have) but not as nice. The Missus described it as a fruity Deuchars.

Thursday night = beer night!

Had a couple bottles of the latest IPA I brewed, then went down to my local and had a Five Points Pale, Hophead by Darkstar and a Citra Pale Ale by The Kernel. Lovely night :)

It was in Aldis, never seen it before either Bill, but wow what a taste.

Got one... and I mean just one, that's all they had left! :shock:

I thought there and then that that was a good sign of a good beer and tbh, was not disappointed. What an outstanding beer, can't believe it's a lowish alcohol beer too at ~3.8% as would have guessed 5%+

Bought a few of the brewers other beers 'Long White Cloud' @ 5.6% but no where near as good. There were dozens of them left on the shelf - funny that ;)

Got one... and I mean just one, that's all they had left! :shock:

I thought there and then that that was a good sign of a good beer and tbh, was not disappointed. What an outstanding beer, can't believe it's a lowish alcohol beer too at ~3.8% as would have guessed 5%+

Bought a few of the brewers other beers 'Long White Cloud' @ 5.6% but no where near as good. There were dozens of them left on the shelf - funny that ;)

LOL last one Bill, how fortuitous! Yes i said pineapple, i think its more a citrus grapefruit taste, very interesting for like you say a relatively low alcohol beer. I was looking for the hops but it was not very specific, only stated North American. Is that a hop variety or simply a generic term? Please let me know how your Dark Ruby turns out.

I'm drinking Lemonade I made with my 12 year old son today. He's seen me messing with the home brew stuff and wanted to make something he could have so we made a batch of fresh lemonade together (he also helped me make the Robinsons peach punch too).

My little boy loves making stuff with me too. He says, "are you going to make kid beer?" (he's 4) Meaning ginger beer or lemonade. Great to pass on the love of creating something with your own hands and enjoying it.

Swiftly followed by a Triple Tykes Export Bitter, in the barrel for six weeks and very nutty/caramel. Trouble is it 'gives me wind' (polite!) and the missus is not too impressed at 2 in the morning....:lol:

at least you can self-propell yourself to the bathroom for a 2.30am pee ;-)

I'm in a 'drinking tonight' quandary at the moment. I'm in Portugal and I've tried Sagres and cristal. Neither did it for me. Superbock seems popular, not tried it yet. Any suggestions, or do I have to work my way through the supermarket shelf ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back