What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m very thirsty ,pity I’m on nightshift

1C8D4207-09EF-4718-94B9-082BCC7918CB.jpg

I haven't any beer ready and can't be arsed to go shopping. I'm man-flued right up, so cheering myself up with a g and t. (Tanquerey #10).

Ooh that sounds good. How did you add the chilli?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just dry hopped with 2 red chillies (for an 11 litre batch). Just scored each of them, put them in boiling water for a minute or so and then added to fv. So many variables here, so best to make regular tests and whip them out if they get a bit much. The chilli taste does mellow with age. Bg

Samuel Smith imperial stout.
It’s not as big or cloying as some imperial stouts which I find with a lot of beers over 7%. It’s a good gateway into the bigger stout flavours without being off putting. If you like a stout and want to try a bigger flavour I’d say get one ordered.

Not had a school day since 2002 so every night is drinky night if i fancy it. Which invariably i do. Admirals Reserve tonight as it was last night and will probably be tomorrow.

Having an alcohol free night, sadly, got to drive later. :-(
On the bright side, at least I'm emptying a bottle I'll be using for homebrew later.:)

1509476560831.jpg

Day off tomorrow, but I am trying the first pint of a kit which I attempted 2 years ago, my technique has changed since then, Pilgrims Hope @5.5% , its clear and quite hoppy/bitter this time.

Very pleased.

Oh and it deffo is 5.5% I can feel it :thumb:

Day off today but it’s Daddy day care. I had s couple of Thornbridge’s Jaipur X last night. Lovely tipple.

It's been kicking around the back of the fridge long enough....time to make room for something better,,!

1509560360578.jpg

SWMBO picked up one of these in Morrison's for me the other day, so I went back and hoovered up the last few on their shelf...

Milk_Stout.jpg

Couple of bottles of my jet black heart clone. Bloody lush it is and sooo smooth.

I had a pint of Magg’s Magnificent Mild (West Berkshire Brewery Brewing) earlier in my local. It was the first pint of dark mild I’ve ever had, my dad talks about his from the 70s though! There were things about it I really enjoyed, nice silky mouthfeel and pleasant chocolate flavour, and just the fact it was a nice light pint in contrast to higher ABV hop bombs. I did find it a little bitter in the aftertaste which I suspect is a dark malt thing that I didn’t care for so much.

Can't touch this....
Mini keg of adnams broadside from the adnams pop up shop in Cambridge. ......
Sell by today......
�£5.99...
Yes you heard right....
�£5.99!
There is a god...

And your a lucky devil!!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back