What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out with the missuse and children for a bit of tea....Tudor Brewery Blorange and two pints of Rudgate Beer Moth ..which was rather nice.
I am now going to decimate my supplies.
Chin! Chin!

Well... it's brew day so why not enjoy a brew... Had a Very nice Marston OWD Roger from our local B&M.
MarstonsOwdRodger191018.jpg

A few slightly better than average, but weak, IPA's (Foxes Rock). The choices were dreadful. We're talking about a range of beers that have somehow found their way into quite a few bars, but I can't fathom why. Are they actually owned by big beer?

Friday night treet for me cantillon Saint lamvinus, blend of merlot grapes and lambic aged in oak casks. Has a mild fruity nose with that distinctive cantillon funk, taste is slightly tart cherry and funky with a nice dry finish this is so good! I need to go back to Belgium and this time bring lots of this home.
DSC_1838.JPG

Friday night treet for me cantillon Saint lamvinus, blend of merlot grapes and lambic aged in oak casks. Has a mild fruity nose with that distinctive cantillon funk, taste is slightly tart cherry and funky with a nice dry finish this is so good! I need to go back to Belgium and this time bring lots of this home. View attachment 19140
Oh nice, that's one I haven't had yet but hopefully next time I'm in Brussels. Have you had the Fou' Foune which is the apricot version? Probably my favourite ever sour beer but at €15 a bottle from the brewery it doesn't come cheap.

Oh nice, that's one I haven't had yet but hopefully next time I'm in Brussels. Have you had the Fou' Foune which is the apricot version? Probably my favourite ever sour beer but at €15 a bottle from the brewery it doesn't come cheap.
yeah I had it at the brewery last year. Was really good but the one for me was the HDL High density lambic it's like a funky barley wine type of thing so good, it gets a bit of a slating on ratebeer and others, but I loved it. Maybe it was the boozyness or I was rather ****** but it's the beer I'll always remember from my trip there.
Cantillon-CuveedHauteDensite.jpg

yeah I had it at the brewery last year. Was really good but the one for me was the HDL High density lambic it's like a funky barley wine type of thing so good, it gets a bit of a slating on ratebeer and others, but I loved it. Maybe it was the boozyness or I was rather ****** but it's the beer I'll always remember from my trip there. View attachment 19148
I've been to the brewery a few times but never seen that one, it sounds awesome though! Iris is another interesting one with a Saaz dry hop, quite unusual for a lambic but some really complex flavours going on.

Apple and red grape juice W O W, not quite cleared but going down a storm with my homemade Pizzas! 3 bottles down, 3 to go!! Cheers everyone
IMG_20190601_194602.jpg

Peter's Honey porter. Not so sure about this one, it has something but it's missing something too :s

I've been to the brewery a few times but never seen that one, it sounds awesome though! Iris is another interesting one with a Saaz dry hop, quite unusual for a lambic but some really complex flavours going on.
I like the Cuvee Saint-Gilloise, it's a dry hopped Lambic.

Just finished this. Three years old and has a lovely tartness.
DSC_0070-03.jpeg

I'm drinking a berry cider that I made on impulse.
I'd just made a wine from frozen berries (blackberry, strawberry and raspberry) and looked at the dregs in the FV after racking and thought I'll pour 10 litres of apple juice on that and let it ferment.
What a good idea that was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back