What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharing a few with the wife
IMG_20190622_201453.jpg

Well, I had to have a brew while I was brewing... and why not?
My choice for this evening was a very young, very simple brew that turned out absolutely delicious! Sometimes simplicity is best, don't you think?
All it was is...
500g Light Dry Malt Extract
100g Light Brown Sugar
7.5g + 7.5g First Gold Pellet Hops 15 min boil.
3g Wilko Gervin Ale Yeast
4 Litres Spring Water
Brewed Sat 2nd June... Bottled Sun 16th June. No time wasted here... :laugh8::beer1:

Pic B#12 Deeping IPA.jpg

Right now I'm drinking an AG APA that stalled fermenting at about 1026 (probably mashed at too high temp). Stir & raise temp did nothing. New yeast addition did nothing. So I resorted to amylase which dropped it to about 1004. Sweetened with a little Canderel on bottling & being a bit stingy on carb sugar it's turned out very drinkable & no bottle bombs. Not the best I've done but drinkable. About 3 dozen bottles saved imo. :)

Just about to embark on an all-dayer up to Conwy....will report in as it progresses.
Chin,chin!
Mrs Clint bought me a shirt for the occasion...covered in tigers ..
I'm the king of the jungle...they call me the Tiger Man....

A rare picture of a HBF-er in the wild. And now I’m pretty sure @Clint could knock seven bells out of me!

Doing the "horrors" as I need to make some space. Oatmeal Pilsner and Rye Lager were winter experiment that I had considered failures. Just drinking them again after 6 months in the bottle and the rye is worth re-brewing. The oatmeal, on the other hand is, regrettably, drinkable. Which means I'm going to have to drink it as I've paid good money for worse in the pub.
What a grim life it is for a poor brewer.

Last edited:
My Gluten reduced Wilko,s Mexican lager
First signs are good with a chunk of lemon in ,I don’t have any lime for any Mexican beer purists
Not much of a head so may need a bit longer in the garage
upload_2019-6-23_19-53-7.jpeg

I was in Morrisons superstore this afternoon enjoying a look at their large range of beers, and picked up what I though would be nice, a red labled Manns Brown ale. Not had one of these in many years. It originally was my start towards dark beers from largers. Needless to say it was watery and weak, one of my own was quickly opened soon after that.

I was in Morrisons superstore this afternoon enjoying a look at their large range of beers, and picked up what I though would be nice, a red labled Manns Brown ale. Not had one of these in many years. It originally was my start towards dark beers from largers. Needless to say it was watery and weak, one of my own was quickly opened soon after that.
Haven't had a Manns at 2.8% for longer than I can remember when it was a tad less than £1 a bottle. I recall it was quite sweet as well. In the seventies in Southampton, the old fogies used to drink something called a "Manns Boiler". Never knew what it was- the beer was disgusting enough in those days without making it worse.

It's early hours... (14.13 hrs) and I'm having a another of my very simple brews! Just had one of Mrs Gulpitdarns left over meals from yesterday, a cottage pie with lots of bbq sauce. The beer goes very well with it, it masks her cooking :laugh8: actually she's not a bad cook.... I'm still alive after 33 years...hahahaha.

Now the brew...
1kg Dark Dry Malt Extract
15g + 20g East Kent Goldings
3g Wilko Gervin yeast
4 litres of Buxton Spring water

And that's it really... what more to add? acheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back