What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoying the weather with a Belgian classic athumb..
B1Lh2TH.jpg

Tried one of my Grapefruit Pale Ale tonight.

Started back on 6th January and only used Chinook and Cascade as the Bittering and Aroma hops so I expected a full-on citrus flavour at least early on but "Nope!"

The first 10 litre Growler (consumed by the beginning of April) was tasty but not a bit of citrus anywhere so I decided to hang on to the batch in the PB until last Monday. It's very nice and has a genuine bitterness to it, but again no taste of citrus!

Ah well, at least it's a refreshing drink after a hard days work! (My backs killing me, so I'm hoping more for "anaesthetic qualities" rather than "citrus flavours"!)

IMG_1285.jpg

Tried one of my Grapefruit Pale Ale tonight.

Started back on 6th January and only used Chinook and Cascade as the Bittering and Aroma hops so I expected a full-on citrus flavour at least early on but "Nope!"

The first 10 litre Growler (consumed by the beginning of April) was tasty but not a bit of citrus anywhere so I decided to hang on to the batch in the PB until last Monday. It's very nice and has a genuine bitterness to it, but again no taste of citrus!

Ah well, at least it's a refreshing drink after a hard days work! (My backs killing me, so I'm hoping more for "anaesthetic qualities" rather than "citrus flavours"!)

View attachment 19525

It is a few months old.

Currently drinking Brewdog barleywine (clown King) watching the remake of the predator... Nom

A couple from beatnikz Republic, mosaic smash and Kentucky riot (bourbon oak stout), ignore the mess its a brew day we all know what it's like. I keep getting daggers from the missis when she walks through the kitchen.
DSC_1875.JPG
DSC_1876.JPG

It is a few months old.

True, but after only a couple of weeks conditioning there was still no citrus taste! I must get to a B&M that does the "Tequila and Lime" flavour 'cos I had a pint of that as a present and it was delicious!

@Dutto ...nice looking beer but you need a wider table.ashock1

Hmmmm! I won't bother pointing this Post out to SWMBO because A) I have a small table alongside and B) She is forever moaning about spilled drinks!

TBH, I was glad when the "inherited with the house" cream coloured carpet (cream? for me? Ha!!) was knackered and I could insist on the replacement you can see in the background. The Black Watch Tartan design is very forgiving of spilled booze! athumb.. athumb..

After work beer tonight is my golden strong. The boy almost loves a malt Miller delivery as much as me, he gets to play in the box. View attachment 19513

great idea, he'll be willingly doing the fetching and carrying on your brew days. you just need to teach him bottling and you'll have the perfect assistant :D

Drinking the last of my lemondrop and mouteka extra pale ale nice and refreshing. Not getting much from the mouteka will sub it for mandarin bavarian next time.

Drinking my Kitchen Sink Ale (threw everything I had left into it) while making a batch of golden ale and a blackberry rye PA

Attachments

• IMG_20190629_203726883.jpg
    IMG_20190629_203726883.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20190629_203809962.jpg
    IMG_20190629_203809962.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 66
enjoying the last of the sunlight in the north east, drinking a very young hobgoblin gold, first taste very good( i am bias)

Now a bottle of Exmoor Gold. Nice beer, reminds me of some of the beers I used to drink in the late 80's - Summer Lighting, that sort of thing. Actually, it might be in Graham Wheeler's British Ale book, let me have a gander.

Now an old thumper clone but with different hops to recipe

Attachments

• 15618390613925513675363331234764.jpg
    15618390613925513675363331234764.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 62
B4417147-EF89-43B0-99DD-9FBE8A2F60A3.jpeg

My cherry/raspberry sour. Needs more souring but other than that has cleared crystal clear.
Very enjoyable. Most is in a keg but I’d bottled a few. Goes down far too well for a strong beer.

Euro Hop IPA.

Got some 35g bags of free stuff from the Worcester Hop Shop that included Huell Mellon and Hallertau Blanc. That went well with another hop called Flyer to bitter.
So well, I've done the same hop blend a number of times and it is much to my tastes. Not "in yer face" US hops, nor the understated English hops. A nice drink, though.

Next time around may include the "sister" hop Manderina Bavaria.

Down the local with future father in law for 3 pints of Lincolnshire Brewery Centennial Flight ale. Then a craft half of homebrew dark mild with tea, now having some 'craft' cans, which probably aren't considered craft because one of them is brewed by Adnams. First up, Meantime London Pale. It's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back