What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
#40 and #41, #42 gets bottled tomorrow, or so. These ones conditioned at temps above 25º.

20190804_194713_HDR.jpg
20190804_190338_HDR.jpg

Staying with my mother in law and have the usual selection of local North Wales real ales in the fridge, including old favourites Conwy and Purple Moose.

We went for a quick drink in the local earlier and I had to google ‘[Brewery] yeast brettanomyces’ after tasting it. There is no Brett in that brewery’s strain, so just bad cleaning practices in the pub. Had a Cask Marque too.

Hi folks, I'm a newish member & have been keeping an eye on this Thread.
Off on a week's Holidays so started a Brew last night, Geterbrewed's Craft a Beer Kit.
Had a few local Brews whilst doing this....

Attachments

• 20190806_201146.jpg
    20190806_201146.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 20190806_224322.jpg
    20190806_224322.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 112
Hi folks, I'm a newish member & have been keeping an eye on this Thread.
Off on a week's Holidays so started a Brew last night, Geterbrewed's Craft a Beer Kit.
Had a few local Brews whilst doing this....
You must be close enough to me if your drinking northbound. Where is the other beer from. Rough brother's

Havent had a beer for 3 days. Had a couple of Accidental Helles tonight, plus a BP Sparkling Beer. The latter was a gusher, as a lot of this batch have been. Doesn't taste any different to the ones that didn't gush, so no idea what that's all about, but I've nearly finished the batch now. It isn't a recipe I'll brew again. The accidental Helles is OK though.

You must be close enough to me if your drinking northbound. Where is the other beer from. Rough brother's
Andy Rough worked in the Walled City Brewery before going out in his own. He has started brewing next to my own work which is handy for advice. Love his stuff. He doesn't have a website but there is a Facebook page.

Andy Rough worked in the Walled City Brewery before going out in his own. He has started brewing next to my own work which is handy for advice. Love his stuff. He doesn't have a website but there is a Facebook page.
Aye I was on looking last night I will try a few of his beer

Bit early for me at Noon, but just had a bottle of my Choccy Stout and was very nice indeed. Nice lasting taste of dark chocolate long after glass was emptied. Think I've got my Chocolateness just right! Another is in fermentation bucket with minor adjustments.

Pic B#21 Choccy.jpg

I use Naturis Tropical juice drink from Lidl - 2 x 1.5ltr cartons with 1 kg sugar will make a gallon of very nice Chardonay style wine when fermented. the Naturis Mango juice also very good especially in combination with elderflowers. when using juice to make wine always check label for preservatives, sulphites etc will kill your yeast

Anchor steam beer 85p at tesco bargain! I bought a load of em. And my latest, black Pina colada, part of our club challenge I had to brew something with coconut and kaffir lime leaves. Also added a load of pineapple.
DSC_1903.JPG
DSC_1904.JPG

Pint of Reverend James at the beach bar at Sutton on Sea after a nice long walk along the millennium way. Back home now, having a few bottles of Coopers Best Extra stout (the commercial stuff, not home brew). It's a damn fine drop

Anchor steam beer 85p at tesco bargain!

it ain't that price at my local tesco extra, or on line.....

Anchor steam beer 85p at tesco bargain!

it ain't that price at my local tesco extra, or on line.....
I think it must be a mistake, 2020 bbe with the new label, they are clearing a few lines because lots of new beers dye out soon, some nice looking stouts and sours. And brewdog/cloudwater neipa

Struggling through my over bittered and over hopped APA that was meant to be an AIPA. Don't even think that the 10 gravity points I missed the OG by would help much asad.
20190809_172932.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back