Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodcx500z

Landlord.
Reaction score
View attachment 20729

I've started early today!

The above is a Spiced Pumpkin Ale that I started in November 2017 for Christmas the same year!

I overdid the "cloves" bit of the Spices and it originally tasted like a mouthwash. It had mellowed by February 2018 and now (nearly two years later) it is a superb drink; still with a cloves taste!

The "downsizing" continues as I drink the bottles and sink into oblivion! YAY!
Hi Dutto I have a big glass like that, I don't use it much it makes me fall over clapaacheers.

Dutto

Dutto
Reaction score
Hi Dutto I have a big glass like that, I don't use it much it makes me fall over clapaacheers.
Ah, but you're not moving house! We don't have a date for the move but we are already down to two plates and a few bowls!

I have a beautiful 700ml crystal tankard that I normally use but SWMBO has it "carefully packed", which probably means that she dropped it when wrapping it in a towel!

I have the flagon because it was in the garage when SWMBO started putting stuff away, otherwise I would probably be drinking my beer out of a bloody tea-cup!

Cheshire Cat

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landlord AG clone, my first brew using a Corny keg. This forum got me to buy the keg good God what had I been missing. Started with plastic kegs which leak so bottled. Bottling great for most beer but I prefer Bitter from a keg.

DavidHatton

Reaction score
Big up DaveHatton...having a most refined evening...keeping the grain safe!
First of many sacks to pass my threshold, will only buy same amounts of speciality grains from now on, £21 for 25kg, the local brew club is selling base grains at £2.30 a kilo

eyuptm

Reaction score
Loving the buying in bulk grain sack, but how long does it last? Presumably you mill it yourself, so it lasts longer than pre-milled grain?

eyuptm

Reaction score
This. Don't know whether it's just the situation, but it's nice and bitter, not much in the way of hop flavour, but SOOO much better than the Amstel, Heineken, Alfa etc etc that are also available here (in the Argolic Gulf)....

Attachments

DavidHatton

Reaction score
Loving the buying in bulk grain sack, but how long does it last? Presumably you mill it yourself, so it lasts longer than pre-milled grain?
It will last 1 month, currently don't have a grain mill... but I am off work, til october, so will be brewing at least 3 times in the next 10 days. One dipa, a zombie dust clone and an Esb, so reckon, I can knock a dent in the sack, possibly left with 7kg after the 3 brews.

dad_of_jon

Beer designer
Reaction score
Ah, but you're not moving house! We don't have a date for the move but we are already down to two plates and a few bowls!

I have a beautiful 700ml crystal tankard that I normally use but SWMBO has it "carefully packed", which probably means that she dropped it when wrapping it in a towel!

I have the flagon because it was in the garage when SWMBO started putting stuff away, otherwise I would probably be drinking my beer out of a bloody tea-cup!
on the positive side even a tea cup is better than beer in a plastic cup. (unless your tea cup is made of plastic). I'm off to cardiff tomorrow with my son for a session and I had to check there's no matches or events there which means the pubs get the plastic out :eek:
so tea and pop today and head of steam, tiny rebel & brewdog tomorrow. athumb..

Gulpitdarn

Regular.
Reaction score
Mum was cleaning out her drinks cabinette this afternoon and found this... "Would you like to take it to drink she asks..." Not half...

What's it like? Taste very much of port or sherry, not bad but going to have one of my own homebrews afterwards, I Shall enjoy that!

Status
Not open for further replies.