What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I brewed it as per the recipe I posted here, with some Munich, wheat, and caramunich added. I'm not sure it's an improvement on your version, but the malt flavours are a little richer which is what I intended athumb..

I'd love to send you a bottle but I don't know how to do that??
I'll PM my address. But don't do it if the postage is prohibitive. For example posting a single bottle from here would cost a tad less than 16 euros!! In any case, I'm going to try your modifications.

Adnams Ghost Ship for me, I'm afraid. Seemed the best way of stocking up on party kegs for refilling. Already drained a Schlenkerla Marzen. Yum, yum.

Last edited:
Cheers norfolk79, have made a pilgrimage back home and it's only right to make it the first port of call

IMG_20191028_201353940.jpg

Easily my best attempt ever at a stout. Brewed using kviek yeast.

Tonight I have drank my last bottle of Auld Jock, brewed in February 2017 and I reckon this wouldn't have lasted much longer, lots of raisins and plum, but the signs of oxidation are now prevalent. Takes a while to come of age, wish now I hadn't tasted so many on its road to maturity, but such is life.
007.JPG

Tonight I have drank my last bottle of Auld Jock, brewed in February 2017 and I reckon this wouldn't have lasted much longer, lots of raisins and plum, but the signs of oxidation are now prevalent. Takes a while to come of age, wish now I hadn't tasted so many on its road to maturity, but such is life.
View attachment 21259

But the good news is that you now know when it's in the sweet spot so you can enjoy more at that time when you brew it again! And it does look good :beer1:

Bottle of Bass No 1 from ASDA (£1 a pop!). I haven't drank Bass in ages - I had it down as a beer I didn't really enjoy, but this was ok-ish. Might have to give it another shot next time I see it on cask. No I'm on a can of Banks Barley Gold, and you know what, its quite good! I didn't think barley wine in a can from a Macro brewer would be any good, but it's OK.

Just enjoying this pint of Smashing Pumpkins in Nottingham. Welbeck Brewery. Nice and spicy.....
20191031_120607.jpg

East Kent Goldings From Tryst as a take out, lovely clean pint travelled well!

Having been the dentists for a tooth out I am taking no chances on losing any sleep, so I nipped into Tesco, 1 fursty ferret, 1 abbott ale, 1 old hoppy hen, 1 mac champ, 1 abbott reserve, 1 adnams broadside I shall sleep well tonight :beer1:

IMG_20191101_203148.jpg
last years Cider...still a bit sharp first mouthfull but has improved in the bottle.cheers everyone, good healthacheers.

Having taken forever to work out how to post a pic...
Friday night was supposed to be a bottle of Mangrove Jack's Rye IPA which turned into a gusher. Ended up over the floor.
So had this Youngs American Mocha Porter instead. Nice brew. 5.5%
Dark roasted malts come through. Got more chocolate than coffee

View media item 842

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back