What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This afternoon I watched a recording of Gloucester beating Connaught in the Challenge cup and had a couple of Golden Ales made from 3x35g of hops I got free from the Worcester hop shop. They are Flyer to bitter and Huell Melon and Hallertau Blanc @ 10m and flameout. Very nice.

This evening I am on an Old Peculier clone, which is just great.

Cloudwater/halfacre triple ipa. This is a sweet and juicy monster of a beer, 10% but so easy drinking. I thought I was bonkers with 500g dry hop this is apparently 32gpl. That would be 736g in a 23l batch.
DSC_1004.JPG
DSC_1005.JPG

Courtesy of @dad_of_jon a bottle of his "king kong" Belgian quad?
Dark brown with a tan head,
big aromas of fruity esters some caramel, it's like a boozy black forest gateau. Gets even better as it warms
Loving this mate well done.
DSC_1006.JPG

Ah I see, thanks. What sort of quantities would you recommend for a 10L batch?

Cloudwater/halfacre triple ipa. This is a sweet and juicy monster of a beer, 10% but so easy drinking. I thought I was bonkers with 500g dry hop this is apparently 32gpl. That would be 736g in a 23l batch. View attachment 13282 View attachment 13283

Drinking the exact same right now, amazing beer, Just had a Captain Bable by Neon and was too green and too much hopburn.
Doesn't taste like 32g a litre in here, perfect balance though. Ive just 2nd dry hopped a 18g a litre NEIPA

Courtesy of @dad_of_jon a bottle of his "king kong" Belgian quad?
Dark brown with a tan head,
big aromas of fruity esters some caramel, it's like a boozy black forest gateau. Gets even better as it warms
Loving this mate well done. View attachment 13285

Cheers Stig, that was you last post of the evening, I take it Kong scores yet another knockout? I'm locking the remaining few away til xmas - far too tempting. That cloudwater looks awesome BTW, well jeal.

A Hoegaarden clone l brewed last year.......? In an Angels & Demons glass

Attachments

• 1522783496632-348162397.jpg
    1522783496632-348162397.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 63
That cloud water 10% ...wonder how much dextrose and maltodextrin is used to make up the abv?
Hi Clint I'm not sure how much they use in this but to me it kind of contradicts its self, dextrose is normally added to ipa's to up the abv and dry the beer out a little but I thought maltodextrin is unfermentable and adds body and aids head retention. They must know what they are doing though I absolutely loved this beer.

Had a To Ol 'Mr Orange' earlier and now having one of my go-to supermarket beers - a Fullers ESB (the other is Vocation's Life & Death).

Tried the first bottle of my 'Old Goat Biter' while watching the football. First impression, a lot of toast flavour from the black malt, but not as over powering as I had feared. Overall a decent pint, if a bit flat, because it was waiting in my garage cold crashing for almost two weeks before bottling, while I was making over my brewtility room. Should have some improvement to come still.

Batemans Victory, McEwans Champion and Fuller's 1845 are my top 3 fav strong bottled ales
They were my goto beers before I started brewing (although I do still pick them up on occasion) King goblin,Broadside & 1698 are also worth a try :thumb:

Just warming up with a duvel before I crack open 2 beers STIGMAN sent me :thumb:

Last edited:
I'm on a train, so having a couple to relieve the boredom. First up was Cloudwater DIPA Enigma. It was Good, of course it was, but I kinda prefer the DIPAs they did before they started using loads of malted oat. Now I'm on 'Death by Coconut' from Oskar Blues, a coconut and chocolate Irish porter. Nom nom nom. Best thing I've had from them. I've also got a De Molen Amarillo for the next train, and a Yellow Belly (£8 from the offie!) for when I get back. Plus some peanut butter and jelly brown ale by Northern Monk which I wouldn't have touched with a barge pole if it wasn't Northern Monk.

_20180406_190632.JPG
A rather disappointing Young's Scottish Heavy, I named Dave's Delite. It turned out to be more lightweight than heavy at 5% and despite looking perfectly clear in the bottle, comes out looking like gravy. Slight artificial taste to it, but certainly gets the head buzzing. Oh well, only 36 more bottles to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back