What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Citra saison. One of the great things about brewing my own is that I have really learned to appreciate different beer styles. A couple of years ago I hadn't heard of saison, let alone drank it, and now it is one of my favourite styles - particularly served cool on a warm evening. xxxxing lovely!
20180420_210446.jpg

My Kolsch. 3 weeks in the bottle. Could do with a little more conditioning but I’m impressed. It’s much clearer than it looks in the photo too.

It was sandwiched between a bottle of Boon Doggle and a bottle of Cocker Hoop!

Attachments

• 7CBAD630-433A-4C85-8E6F-55054EB4464F.jpeg
    7CBAD630-433A-4C85-8E6F-55054EB4464F.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Followed up with a Beavertown Bloody ‘Ell, IPA with blood orange juice and now Enigmatic Galaxies, DNEIPA from Burnt Mills. Borderline sloshed.

So..... Last night, we went down the local for tea. Two pints of Firehouse Brewery's Pride Of Fulstow. a cracking English bitter.

Home for a pint of my GW Batemans Dark Mild clone, which is smashing.

So..... Last night, we went down the local for tea. Two pints of Firehouse Brewery's Pride Of Fulstow. a cracking English bitter.

Home for a pint of my GW Batemans Dark Mild clone, which is smashing.

I brewed their IPA beer kit from Grimsby homebrew shop. Bit tame for me but the other half and my dad loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last golden ale from my Marstons box (Wainwrights) and a Franziskaner since I brewed a Hefeweizen today.

Back on a couple of bottles Old Goat Biter tonight. Got home from Palermo this arternoon. Mainly bland lagers last few days, but found a very good craft ale called Ulysses in a couple of places.

The usual suspects, even tried to have a fire in the garden but storms are coming, so they say. So back inside and the firewood's covered, time for a the next blind pick.

I brewed their IPA beer kit from Grimsby homebrew shop. Bit tame for me but the other half and my dad loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know how close the kits are to the stuff brewed in Louth but I love it. Their mild is great as well. But your right, it isn't a US style hop bomb

Do you still get your stuff from Grimsby hbc? It's my local homebrew shop but it's rare I go there as my work patterns at the moment mean I'm getting my stuff from Morley homebrew centre in Leeds. That will change soon, so must pop in some time.

I had the very last of my nettle beers from last year with ice and it was bloody lovely. Non malted version, you know, basically a leaf flavoured sugar water - and I really like it.

I picked 8kg of nettles in under 3 hours the other day and am doing a 50l pub keg of the stuff. I threw in some Admiral to see if it would change things and am using the Gervin GV13 cider yeast to see if it makes a difference from the S-33. The great thing about picking nettles is having the old fellas asking you what you're doing and then lighting up like they'd stepped on the third rail in delight because they can't believe people still make it. And then you get anything from 3 to 30 minutes of stories about how their dad used to make it or tales of how they got trollied on their uncle's parsnip wine and how he had a shed full of allsorts brewing - things I've never heard of : ramsons, damsons, plumsons, plugholes, ars.... It made the day longer but in a really nice way. The actual time picking was under 2 hours as it's easy when they're fresh.

And I came up with a spectacularly girly cocktail of 50% red wine (Winebuddy that I don't bottle, just scooop out with a pint glass) about 20% elderflower cordial/presse and the rest lemonade and it's absolutely fekkin lovely. You'd get £9.60 a long glass for it in Dulwich if yout put a sprig in the top. Seriously, try it.

But don't try: Dandelion and Burdock mixed with skeeter pee (lemon wine). The citrus kills the round flavour dead and you don't get the best of either.

Chimay Rouge, with pig cheeks stewed in Chimay Rouge, fresh fries and chicory.

Attachments

• 20180422_120720.png
    20180422_120720.png
    392.8 KB · Views: 68
I've just had a Tom Caxton real ale, and I'm following it up with a Woodfordes Wherry to compare the two. They are both made by Muntons and they seem almost identical to me. So I'm almost wondering if I only need to brew one of them. Anyone else noticed this?

Probably best if I keep making both and comparing them side by side ;)

only a sierra nevada torpedo and a kona big wave. not to shabby as M&S have a 4 for 3 offer on.. I did get 2 delirium tremens as well but they will be dealt with on my return from hols.

off to switzerland for a few days, amazing scenery but the beer & wine will be a bit of a challenge (as will the food). I do at least have a trip to au coin mousse in Geneva locked in to the itinerary so I won't be a whole week without a tidy beer!

I found 2 mystery beers in the shed when I was sorting out my bottles. They must be over a year old and, by the amount of sediment I think it’s an all grain (if it’s kit it must be more than 2 years old). It’s very pale and crystal clear so it’s either a cascade SMaSH, Belgian blonde or steam beer mk2.

Hopefully it’ll taste ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back