What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the last few youngs new world saison. ..really good,fizzy,fluffy head and that funny zingy taste! I'm looking forward to brewing an ag saison.

First glass of red wine in months, wife has a group of friends round, so me and the bottle are enjoying a bit of solitude away from the cackling

One of the last few youngs new world saison. ..really good,fizzy,fluffy head and that funny zingy taste! I'm looking forward to brewing an ag saison.

How would you rate that kit, often looked at it, is it anything like hop fiction?

Drank all my homebrew, so back on commercial stuff. All Fuller's. First, an ESB - third time I've had this, but I can't get on with it. In love their 1845, London Pride, but not their ESB. Now moved onto London Porter. Very, very, yummy. Might have another, although I should probably stick to 2 pints tonight.

Just finished off the last of the Wilco Cherry Pilsner! Frothy to the very end without the introduction of a CO2 capsule. Obviously kegged well before it had finished fermenting. Mea culpa! So slapped myself on the wrist for that!

PS

On my way out of Aldi today I noticed that they had a box of 12 different beers; 2 x 6 varieties. Didn't catch the price 'cos I was on my way out of the shop but seems to be a good way to sample six different beers to see what you like.

Grubby bas@&rd from torrside, just enough smoke not so much chocolate. Nice n roasty. Rather good if I do say so.
DSC_0928.JPG

I'm really ill with a horrible cold, shouldn't be drinking so I've gone for my 8.5% imperial chocolate stout.

First up my choc porter made with a coopers dark malt and grains. ...it' only been bottled 3 weeks but is surprisingly good....nice aroma,thin retentive head and a nice bitter finish. Definitely needs longer but I was willing to try one for quality control....

First brew tonight, brambkewood pale ale( my own hops).

To be continued....

One of my Vienna Lagers from August last year.:thumb:It was one of only five left so mild panic even though there's 2 x 10 litre kegs of Vienna Lager carbonating in Brew Fridge No.1.:gulp:

Friday night is brew night so it would be rude not to started with a chocolate Chipotle stout from ilkley now having a few homebrews while water gets up to strike temp
DSC_0929.JPG

As @Slid already said, I can confirm that a lukewarm Dutto has a more pronounced bitterness and is easier on the stomach.
Since I'm nearing halfway the crate, this weekend might be a busy one: bottling some showmeads, racking a cider onto fresh fruit, AND brewing a fresh bitter. Or APA, the jury's not out on that one yet.
In the mean time watching not the nine o clock news on the youtubes.

Couple of St. Peter ruby reds, starting to come good, could be one of my fave non dry hopped kits

The NEIPA is Coming up to a boil. So I poured another of my lemon meringue pie beers. This is so drinkable for an 8% plus beer that finished at 10.27. Hic! Hope I can stay awake to get this in the FV.
DSC_0930.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back