What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrewDog night athumb..

Attachments

• 2A3FBEC6-DDBA-4F0E-A715-75704AE31038.jpeg
    2A3FBEC6-DDBA-4F0E-A715-75704AE31038.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 79
Leffe Brune, my favourite Dubbel. Was very tempted to crack open my imperial stout that's been bottled for the last two weeks. Trying to resist for another month though!

Woodfordes Reedlighter from a 5l mini keg. First glass certainly has a lot of sediment, bit like the first pint out of a corny keg. Nice beer though.

A brewdog night? Stocks low? Mine are very low...I've had nearly a pint left from bottling earlier which shows promise and now my last Exmoor gold clone and maybe a stout.

I am a bit low on stock too, have plenty conditioning and fermenting. So to preserve what I have I have bought a few Octoberfest beers seeing it's the season for them. Starting with a Paulaner, cracking beer.

A brewdog night? Stocks low? Mine are very low...I've had nearly a pint left from bottling earlier which shows promise and now my last Exmoor gold clone and maybe a stout.

Aye - not brewed for a good few weeks.
Bottled up a cider yesterday so brewing raspberry ipa again on Sunday to take up the empty space in the fridge

Tonight in Inverness I found a Fantome De tous les d'iapes which was a really interesting and delicious beer.
v7MbJ2w.jpg

One from @dad_of_jon. 'Abbeyness' 7.2%. Rather lively out of the bottle. Sweetness is balanced by a noticeable bitterness which I like. A hint of alcohol, and I get sweet toffee flavour and chocolate straight away. Almost treacle... I guess that's the roasted barley making its presence known. Very drinkable, could have easily enjoyed half a dozen of these tonight!
rps20180921_220105.jpg

El cheapo coffee porter from Aldi not bad realy, a little thin in body and not much coffee but can't grumble

Attachments

• DSC_1399.JPG
    DSC_1399.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 68
I'm pleasantly surprised by the price/value ratio of Aldi and Lidl, to be honest.
Me to Gerrit the meat and veg are spot on I won't be shopping in tesco ever again. But the beer is pants, just avin this weissebeer whilst typing and it's very poor. Slight banana, thin and watery with a nasty mettalic aftertaste, not bad to start but I'm struggling to get through it.
DSC_1400.JPG

Me to Gerrit the meat and veg are spot on I won't be shopping in tesco ever again. But the beer is pants, just avin this weissebeer whilst typing and it's very poor. Slight banana, thin and watery with a nasty mettalic aftertaste, not bad to start but I'm struggling to get through it. View attachment 15659
That's why I only pick the plain ales! :laugh8:

Holland is one of those shitty lager countries

Tonight I'm having an Abbaye des Rocs Speciale Noel in the Jolly Judge in Edinburgh. Heads up to anyone in or nearby that might be interested, they have bottles of Westvleteren 12 here also, but be warned that they charge £15 a bottle.
NP5025_E.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC_1401.JPG
That's enough of the Aldi beers, I got given this of a guy I met the other day. Bourbon County 2017. Oh my God 14.7% of absolute bliss, sweet and sticky vanilla chocolate with a slight smokeyness. I had no idea this was a twenty quid pint when the guy gave it me, but I can see why this is the best imperial stout I've had.

View attachment 15660 That's enough of the Aldi beers, I got given this of a guy I met the other day. Bourbon County 2017. Oh my God 14.7% of absolute bliss, sweet and sticky vanilla chocolate with a slight smokeyness. I had no idea this was a twenty quid pint when the guy gave it me, but I can see why this is the best imperial stout I've had.
Oh you lucky sod, that ones on my must try list!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back