What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moor's Old Freddie Walker 7.5% at last night Tewkesbury Winter Ales Festival - what an amazing beer.

Attachments

• TWAF 2018.jpg
    TWAF 2018.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 116
Total Dominator-ish clone. A very pleasant brew straight from a cold keg

Attachments

• F2264274-DDD5-4A31-B79D-08B69B953485.jpeg
    F2264274-DDD5-4A31-B79D-08B69B953485.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 99
Ruby Mild - after having been drinking a pale ale made from English Cascade this afternoon, watching the country of my birth (Scotland) performing rather poorly on the rugby pitch. Not for the first time in 50-odd years, going all the way back to the days when Jesus E Drapptit played in the centres.

I remember my late father still in the 1960's shouting at a relatively tiny black and white screen, it went something like:

" Cum own, cum own, yesss, yesss, cum owaan scoatlund, ooooooooooooooh, Jesus E Drapptit".

Some things never change, you just get to see them better.

Just had an Anchor Steam Beer. It's very nice, malty and sweet but fairly well balanced and clean.

Just been down the new Craft Pub that opened up locally......I went through about 6 or 7 of their beers and they were all really good. I was perfectly prepared to be disappointed, have the odd disparaging remark about mash temperatures or length of ferment etc.......the only thing I said was....."That's nice" and said that's all I said all afternoon. With this on my doorstep I'm bang in trouble, drinking with my mate Opera Sean and his mates, they're all nice blokes and the beers's good, I'm proper Donald Ducked.

Have they got a website, no harm in a little plug for a new business.;)

That's the trouble with 7 or 8 5-6%ers, anyway, have a look at this:

http://www.theprincen22.co.uk/

Sorry I should give these guys their due, every single beer was on point, if you don't like the style of beer you'll like the one, because they do as it's done the best it could be done. And.......the Guvnor's asked for a couple of my kit beers.......Donald Ducked, just don't cover it off, how much trouble am I in? He's going to have to be so polite.

Last edited:
The 2 week taste of my black wheat - it was a jokey brew and I used some dry hops that I stored after because I heard you could use them for bittering - but I can't remember how much I'd used so just mucked about

Recipe: 375g wheat malt, 375g extra dark dme, orange/grapefruit/tangerine peel, coriander.
Hops: bittered with frozen dry hop of 60% cascade, 20% columbus, 20% galaxy some at 30m, some at end
Yeast: repitch of Crossmyloof kristalweizen

The background is great, just like the wheats I've made without mucking about and with flour - but there's a little bit too much bitterness there. It's not terrible and for the little bit of a joke that it was it's pretty good. The actual hop flavour is pretty nice. If it settles down a bit then it'll be really good. Can't give it more than a 6/10. My wheats with flour or real wheat were 8/10 after 6 days.

I'm going to throw the frozen dry hops out. I didn't realise how cheap bittering hops were when I froze the things.

I was in Plymouth on Friday and ended up stopping off at Buckfast Abbey on a whim. They had a really good shop with loads of Abbey and Trappist beers. I'm a big fan of Andechs so grabbed some of those and am sinking them tonight. Got the Vollbier Hell, Spezial Hell and Bergbock Hell. All very malty lagers in different strengths.

I also got some Ampleforth Abbey beer, some Lindisfarne mead and a bottle of Buckie because I felt I had to :) I'll save those for another night.

Wimbledon copper leaf. Its very nice. Goes down entirely too easily... i thunk I've had 8. But it might be more.

Checking out my imperial stout to keep me warm for a long night of NFL.

Attachments

• IMG_3610.JPG
    IMG_3610.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 99
I was drinking Wimbledon Brewery's Copper Leaf yesterday. Its wonderful stuff. The hops are fuggle, equinox, and mosaic; so it's got a good earthy, herby base with tropical and citrus notes over the top. There's some rye spiciness in the malt base and it works really well. Its very well balanced and easy drinking, and quite sessionable at 4%.

I liked it so much I had about 10 of them. I'm not feeling very well today. :beer6::smileyill:

http://www.theprincen22.co.uk/

The link stated ...

"£4.50* KEG PINTS
*selected beers apply. £6 pints and under, cask beer at £3.80 is already bloody cheap anyway."

"Gotta be Lunnun." I thought and it is!

"£6 pints and under"???? If anyone EVER catches me paying £6 or more for a pint of beer please shoot me and put me out of my misery!:gulp:

I agree, but if anyone sees ME paying "£6 or more" for a pint of beer they have my permission to kill me!:gulp:

I must admit I didn't go near the pricey end of the spectrum. I was drinking with mates so we stuck with the beers at about the £4 mark. I had the feeling that nearly everyone else in the pub were doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back