What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm testing a few tonight...keg muntons Belgian, Amarillo pale,saison...so far.
The jalfrezi is very hot.... doesn't half take it out of you a day fishing!

I'm testing a few tonight...keg muntons Belgian, Amarillo pale,saison...so far.
The jalfrezi is very hot.... doesn't half take it out of you a day fishing!
Must have been a tough day on the rod. At least you have some decent spice and a jar or two to bring you back to life wink...

Three jars of Razorback IPA and a smashing pan of chilli is enough for me tonight. Tried a recycled 5L Easy Keg with the IPA while away for half-term and it has worked a treat. Gone down all to easily!

The last Thursday in the month is an exciting time here as I get to do my monthly tasting of Nuclear Winter, my 9.2% RIS that's still a mere spring chicken at just 4 months old. It's finally carbonated to the intended level (only took 4 months!) and is beginning to settle into a beautifully complex brew. The 84 IBUs contributed by the Polaris hops are still very evident and I think that by Christmas they should have faded and melded with the luscious mouthfeel to deliver the final product I was looking for.

7ox0kib.jpg

By the way, the "mint flavour" tasting notes for Polaris hops are right. You really do get that.

Porter. 10lt batch, pale malt, crystal, choc malt, a bit of oats and flake barley. Fuggles at start and end of boil. Muntons yeast from saved from previous batch (can't remember type). bit of vanilla pod pickled in brandy at end of fermentation.
lush & rich!

The last Thursday in the month is an exciting time here as I get to do my monthly tasting of Nuclear Winter, my 9.2% RIS that's still a mere spring chicken at just 4 months old. It's finally carbonated to the intended level (only took 4 months!) and is beginning to settle into a beautifully complex brew. The 84 IBUs contributed by the Polaris hops are still very evident and I think that by Christmas they should have faded and melded with the luscious mouthfeel to deliver the final product I was looking for.

7ox0kib.jpg

By the way, the "mint flavour" tasting notes for Polaris hops are right. You really do get that.
Effing ell that looks awesome

The last Thursday in the month is an exciting time here as I get to do my monthly tasting of Nuclear Winter, my 9.2% RIS that's still a mere spring chicken at just 4 months old. It's finally carbonated to the intended level (only took 4 months!) and is beginning to settle into a beautifully complex brew. The 84 IBUs contributed by the Polaris hops are still very evident and I think that by Christmas they should have faded and melded with the luscious mouthfeel to deliver the final product I was looking for
I don't know if you set that shot up, but it looks good.

I don't know if you set that shot up, but it looks good.
It's just my kitchen table with the clutter shoved to one side and the ceiling spotlights on. Last year I replaced all 12 of the spots that were 28W halogen with warm white LED and I'm very happy I did. As well as being cheaper to run the quality of the light is more natural and it seems to be spread more evenly across the room. Best of all they were just a few pounds each on AliExpress. The seller claims 15W per bulb but I know they lie about this and took that into account up front. I measured them at about 4-5W each. I used a 'proper' camera as well, not my smartphone so the detail is much better.

Last edited:
DSC_1448.JPG
DSC_1446.JPG
DSC_1447.JPG
DSC_1449.JPG
DSC_1448.JPG
More a what are you drinking this weekend loving the beer here in Brussels all are absolutely spot on highlights so far have been cantillon geuze and the LHD (lambic high density) and the pannepot Reserva probably tasted better in my stolen cantillon glass.
DSC_1446.JPG
DSC_1447.JPG
DSC_1449.JPG

I'm reduced to this ...

IMG_0908.jpg

... because Morrisons had oven ready chickens at "3 for £10"!

The easiest way to smoke a chicken is to stick a half empty beer can up its Jacksie, and then stand it upright in the smoker. Done this way my smoker can take three of them so my excuse is that I needed three cans and these were the cheapest available in Morrisons!

For a 2% ABV it's drinkable, but I will put some Porter in the cans to flavour the chickens when I smoke them!

BTW Morrisons had some brilliant SILVERSIDE beef on offer at £8 a kilo, so I got 6kgs! Half for brining to make "Salt Beef" and the other half to be smoked underneath the chickens to make "Pastrami".

Gonna be a busy week! Off to empty the second can!

Last edited:
@stigman
Not a bad selection you've had, I see you got to Cantillon and the Brussels Beer Project clapa
I'm seriously jealous now, don't know when I'll get back over to Belgium :(

Well Jeal. I bet your as happy as a pig in **** :laugh8:

I'm drinking bugger all as i'm on my last night shift tonight. And I had to work the extra hour cos the clocks went back. However I will be nipping over to vanuxeem to load up a few crates in two weeks so not feeling tooo hard done by.

p.s. have you tried the hoppy loft at delirium?

My first ever cider. Slight lack of carbonation as this was the tester bottle that'd already been opened once.However I'm chuffed with the clarity and taste from what was a random batch of apples I stuck through a domestic fruit juicer.
IMG_2228.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back