What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm drinking a friends brew this evening and I had to email him with an honest report on what I thought of it. In all honesty it was very very nice! He had tried to make his beer very much like an old speckled hen. It was not overly bitter which I like as I find any beer too bitter and it gives me headache. Lovely mouthfeel which is what you do find with home brews, and talking of homebrews, there is NO HB tang. This had no smell at all and was a little sweet, alcohol level must have been around 4%. This beer was from a guy who doe's not do forums and has been brewing the same stuff for some time. Needless to say, he took home some of my brews, lets hope he likes them like I like his! :tinhat:

Never had a oakham citra so when I saw a oakham green devil which was described as citra' s big brother using 100% usa citra hop. Lol
I thought to myself I better spend the £1odd on the bottle.
What a load of ****. No lively citra aroma or flavour, just a horrible bitter taste

leon103 - everybody I gave green devil to over xmas thought it was wonderful - just shows personal taste - maybe relevant - do you like brussel sprouts

leon103 - everybody I gave green devil to over xmas thought it was wonderful - just shows personal taste - maybe relevant - do you like brussel sprouts

It really is all personal taste. There is a thread on here where you could vote for the hop you liked least and mine was citra - purely because I haven't been impressed with the commercial citra beers like Green Devil and Oakham Citra or with my attempts using it as a single dry hop. I do like it when blended with other hops but I find it difficult to define what citra brings to the table in those beers.

Then I discovered Northern Monk Heathen and now I understand why citra is rated. I think that citra has to be used heavily for me to taste it!! ashock1:cheers3:

2760BE26-E00C-4F0D-8D63-FF823397069F.jpeg

GH honey ale. Lovely and malty. Doesn’t taste like 6 percent abv. Nice and smooth.

6%....are you making an evening of it?
I may try a pale ale later...
Ha Ha, yeah. That went along with a Jaipur clone 6%, Citra & Centennial 5.5% and a B&M IPA hopped with Nelson Sauvin 5.6%.
I really should start brewing a little lower abv beers, but they taste so good.

some people have different taste buds and so hate brussels and marmite..........

Having one of my Imperial stouts. About seven months old now I think and it might just be past it’s best now, it’s starting to show some signs of oxidation. Better get on and drink the rest!

I had a pint of this brew a few nights ago ...

IMG_1015.jpg

... and I spent the rest of the evening farting for England! I put my excess wind down to the fact that the brew was over-carbonated and colder than a witches tit!

Last night I had a couple of bottles of Batemans XXXB. The bottles were opened and left to stand for half an hour to warm up before drinking, so there was no repeat performance!

Aldi Rioja first, now one of their Malbec/Shiraz concoctions, both below £6 and quite frankly worth about the same combined. Beer tomorrow night, can't wait TBH.

Greene king yardbird pale ale. Part of a 4- pack of interesting looking GK beers.

Shed Head...I seen that once and declined...it sounded a bit like the wine they served in the Elles Bells hotel on Carry On Abroad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back