What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Hughes ESB used Lallemand London ESB yeast and seems to have imparted a fruity tang that I am not sure about
20190215_173009.jpg

IMG_20190215_174247.jpg
Last pint or so of pale from my keg. A bit cloudy as I have brought the keg in from the garage and propped it at an angle to pour. Priming sugar boiled and fv waiting to refill!

Last edited:
Kegging done ...fv oxi'd and full of sanitiser for the morning with all pipes req.
GH ESB in the glass...recipe undecided!!
English pale,US pale or BIPA.....it could be a long night...

Wherry and Euro lager a success, awaiting my Coopers Brew A to stop fermenting (12 days now) and 2nd batch of Wherry (on 10th day)

AG clone of La Trappe Quad, next to the real thing. Clone recipe was the easily found one off brewers friend. It's in the ball park, but a bit one dimensional. Grains seem ok, but something is off on the hops. The recipe has all saaz, and only in the boil, but something else is going on with flavour and aroma in the real thing; there are more layers. Not sure that is saaz either. Possibly is though. So if done again, I'd move some hops to flavour & aroma addition and see what comes of it.

Oh I wish I knew who liked me then I could like all his posts...
It is true though..I am a bit of a Billy no mates ..

I must tell you about "Dismal Dick" who was a Welshman I used to work with. Most conversations with Dick followed a pattern similar to ...

"Morning Dick. How's life treating you?"

"The dog got killed by the burglar that broke into the house last night; it was only trying to stop the bloke from attacking my wife." a murmur of sympathy was usually followed by an escalation of woes such as "After attacking the wife, killing the dog and stealing my wallet the burglar set fire to the house as he left."

At this stage it was a case of slashing your own wrists or rapidly finding an urgent job that must be attended to immediately!

I'm sure that not all Welshmen are the same but ... :smileyill:

Ha ha @Brew Dad . ..I just read your post from yesterday and wondered about that....then read this one from today, made me laugh, top man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back