What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of my Barkley Perkins Draught Lager, then the last but one of my disappointing brown ale. It's nearly gone!
IMG_20190223_235335.jpg

Bunked off at 5 from work with a view of taking kids to their swimming lessons...seen eldest disappearing down the street as I was getting home to meet his spotty mates ..he didn't reappear on time. Took the other...got there lesson cancelled...some kid puked in the pool....
Home...nights tomorrow...GH stout...curry rooted out the freezer...I wasn't going to bother.....

Not tonight, but my wife just took me to Budapest for my birthday at the weekend, and I grabbed two bottles of beer at the airport Spar. At about 80p for each 500mL bottle, I wasn't optimistic, but it turned out I'd hit the jackpot. Soproni Demon caramel malt stout. Fantastic dark beer. Doesn't seem to be available in the UK, sadly.

I’ve spent the day brewing with the Campervan Brewery in Edinburgh. Great day out and I think I had all their range I’d not tried before plus two guest ales too.

Now in 6degrees north for the northern monk takeover night.

had A st barnadus Xmas ale(odd I know but damned good) Finishing off with the weakest beer on the menu which Is the very good 2.8% striding edge from northern rock

I've had a batch of 1939 Barklay Perkins Sparkling Beer, and 1928 Barclay Perkins IPA carbing up in my custom built temperature controlled storage facility (brew fridge and builder's trub water bath in garage) for a week so I cold crashed one of each in the fridge to test for carbonation. Sparkling Beer first. Beautifully clear and fully carbed.

It's young, but really nice. Different. Very happy with this one.

On the 1928 Barclay Perkins IPA now. This needs another week in the brew fridge to fully carb up, but it's nearly there. Tastes very promising.

To reward myself for all this hard tasting work, I shall now venture into my secure liquid storage facility (my garage again) to get some homebrew. Probably an ESB.

Found a pub serving Harvey's Sussex Best in central London last night. Very happy to enjoy a few of those before dinner out with the mates.

A few of my smoked chilli stouts and these from abbeydale a Pina colada sour thus was a bit meh. And a bretted ipa thing with mosaic I loved this Gona have to do something similar.
DSC_1724.JPG
DSC_1725.JPG

Split batch wheat beer with 3 different yeasts and a can of Weissbier from Lidls. Only doing it if my partner in booze crimes is up for doing all 4.

I've already started with a truly awful can of Lidl Festbier that tasted of nothing but bad can. They do a huuuuge can of the same beer as part of a masskrug. I'll be getting blitzed whatever.

Wolf Ridge - Dire wolf coffee joy. I'd forgotten I'd bought this many months ago.
Silky smooth imperial stout with coffee, vanilla and cacao. 650ml bottle too(its from the states) so we shared it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back