What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20180125_200246.jpg
my gh bipa...very nice if I do say so myself...lurking in the bowl is a cheeky bit of chicken tikka...
Oh...and some mini eggs and curlywurlies...just in case..

Last edited:
.......... double fracture to the ankle, surgery to pin it all back, now back home and not able to do much. .............

I'll bet she laughed when that happened!:wave:Seriously, getting the joint moving as soon as the surgeon recommends is an absolute MUST. It's painful, it has to be done gently but it IS essential as many a young person has been hampered for life because they failed to take the pain of exercise in the first few weeks after an accident.

The saying "There's no gain without pain." could have been written specifically for getting injured joints back into action!

Tonight we have just emptied a 50cl bottle of Tokay Wine that I won in a raffle on Monday. Lucky eh? Check out this site for how lucky ...

https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/dereszla+aszu+six+puttonyos+hegyalja+tokay+hungary/2007

It was delicious! :gulp:
IMG_0553.jpg

Having the last of my munitions continental pilsner. Must admit won't be sad to see it finished.

Just cracked this open, juicebox by fourpure. This is a fantastic ipa ripe tropical fruits lots of orange Mandarin, pineapple and mango notes. Same with the flavour but with a nice light lingering bitterness that rounds it of nicely
DSC_0918.JPG

Just had a clearance case from Beer Hawk delivered. 30 beers for £30. Yes quite a few of them are past their BB date but a great selection and only a couple of duplicates.

So the wife slipped on some ice last week whilst taking the kids to school, double fracture to the ankle, surgery to pin it all back, now back home and not able to do much. Me - very stressed trying to fit in looking after a 4 & 6 year old, doing school runs, washing, cooking, shopping, housework, and somehow trying to hold down a full time job. Been having a little drink most evenings once I've finally done everything. I did at least manage to keg my latest brew last night.

Last night couple of G&Ts (there was a bottle of tonic open) whilst doing the dinner, and a couple of glasses of WGJ and Apple WOW to wash dinner down.

You hang in there, mate and support your missus. The better you can do it now and over the next few months, the better your ongoing relationship with all your family will end up.

I had a Samiclaus tonight. Not for the faint hearted, it's a 14% doppelbock which I have heard described as the strongest lager in the world. It's got an interesting story, it used to be made in Switzerland I think but now at the Eggenberg brewery in Austria. It's brewed on 6 December (St Nicholas day) each year and aged for ten months before bottling. The one I drank tonight was bottled in 2016 so brewed in 2015. Very strong fruity aroma and almost a wine like mouthfeel. Don't drink more than one!

I had a Samiclaus tonight. Not for the faint hearted, it's a 14% doppelbock which I have heard described as the strongest lager in the world. It's got an interesting story, it used to be made in Switzerland I think but now at the Eggenberg brewery in Austria. It's brewed on 6 December (St Nicholas day) each year and aged for ten months before bottling. The one I drank tonight was bottled in 2016 so brewed in 2015. Very strong fruity aroma and almost a wine like mouthfeel. Don't drink more than one!
I don't do lagers aj but I think I could make an exception for one of those.

I don't do lagers aj but I think I could make an exception for one of those.

It was very nice. Low carbonation and not particularly recognisable as a lager per se. Lovely red colour too. And I think it cost about 3 and a half euros from a shop in Vienna. Crazy.

Ahh the burnt out ends of smokey days.

Two beers bottled at the fag end of July last year. One a Smoked Porter - based on the GH recipe (p170) but using a full 1kg of smoked malt. The other a Belgian Stout using M 31 yeast- I think I got this recipe basically from a David Heath video on U-Tube.

Both have matured wonderfully and the blend of the two is really good.

I dabble with the hoppy beers, but prefer the dark ones really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back