What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure yet...

20180615_151714_HDR.jpg

I'm drinking a brew i wish i'd never made. its a brow sugar lager made from a Gordies lager kit and a 1kg of brown sugar. fermented at 20 degrees C because i have no heat control. its awful alone but pop a lemonade top in it and its ok. £10 for 40 x 500ml bottles was £10 too much and i wont be trying it again. I hope you all have batter things in glass

I’ve bought my dad a voucher for a tour of a local brewery (71 Brewing) for Fathers Day, and of course I just had to buy a couple of bottles whilst I was there. They sound very interesting!

First one is Mandarina Sky, a NEIPA using Citra, Amarillo and Mandarina Bavaria. It’s more like my attempt at an NEIPA was - slightly hazy and juicy but mainly an West Coast IPA. It’s very very good though, lovely aroma, tropical flavours, bitter backbone.
C10F05EE-7519-46DD-87C5-A8DB7216E40A.jpeg

IMG_20180615_203021317.jpg

My Amarillo.

Chill haze as always.
It's nice and clean but you wouldn't think there were 200g of hops in it.
Definitely prefer it paired with Galaxy.

I’ve bought my dad a voucher for a tour of a local brewery (71 Brewing) for Fathers Day, and of course I just had to buy a couple of bottles whilst I was there. They sound very interesting!

First one is Mandarina Sky, a NEIPA using Citra, Amarillo and Mandarina Bavaria. It’s more like my attempt at an NEIPA was - slightly hazy and juicy but mainly an West Coast IPA. It’s very very good though, lovely aroma, tropical flavours, bitter backbone.
Second one is Rhuby Weiss rhubarb Hefeweizen. The picture doesn’t do it justice because there’s a very very very slight pink/purple tinge if you hold it up to the light. The rhubarb is subtle, I would have liked it more fruity but otherwise it’s great. Makes me think my next hefe will be using a liquid yeast fermented higher because this is throwing out some wonderful esters!

Attachments

• B3AB0E74-28A1-4653-848F-DC3F9F5F7DB9.jpeg
    B3AB0E74-28A1-4653-848F-DC3F9F5F7DB9.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 103
As it's Father's day weekend, I'm drinking Patersbier. First brew using a cornie keg. Not very clear but tastes fantastic. Crossmyloof Belgian yeast, 2 weeks from grain to glass.
IMG_20180615_205719031.jpg

How did the yeast flocculate?
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="GerritT, post: 760880, mem

I wouldn't normally rush a beer like I did this one and will coldcrash longer than 2 days in future to try and get the beer going into the corny clearer, but there did seem to be quite a compact layer of sediment at bottom of fermenter. I shall be using this yeast again. (Crossmyloof Belgian fermenter at 24c)

Tonight i had one o e of my Mr Beer Long Play IPA's. It is very nice now after a month or so. However, it still needs a bit longer. I measured it tonight and it looks like it is 3% abv. Not the strongest but nice though.

Brewing an imperial stout. The boil is on and the fermenter is sanitised which means I can drink.......an imperial stout from last time. I’m not unhappy with it but think I’ve improved the recipe today.

Spirit animal. cloudwater jester king colab, I bought this the other day after noticing the elder flowers where out. I've just nipped out picked some flowers and had a go my self. pitched the dregs of this into a gallon batcView attachment 14014 h of elderflower wine/fizz. No idea how this is Gona turn out. View attachment 14012

My local bottle shop has these in at the mo, how was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back