What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The King Keg that is holding my Bitter Amber is only holding *some* pressure. Enough to always dispense, which as it is a top tap means its safe under a CO2 blanket, but the beer that emerges is very flat. So, I'm supping it as fast as I can. Its lush! I'm going to brew this again, but dry hop and bottle it.

I've got another one of my accidental Helles in the fridge ready for when the bitter amber jug is empty.

20190722_174700.jpg

Not bad by any means. Very tropical hop flavour.

Kegs currently empty so trying one of these from Aldi. Really nice actually

Attachments

• B01616A8-A5BC-44CC-B07B-34EDC5A9452D.jpeg
    B01616A8-A5BC-44CC-B07B-34EDC5A9452D.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 77
Tropical stout...please enlighten us!
Um... Think... Sweet stout, with more hops and stronger...

Tropical stout is a style born, and still largely nurtured, in the West Indies — most notably the Caribbean — and Africa.​

I recon we guess....
Instead of a standard stout with just bittering addition you add a big dry hop... Amarillo,cascade,Falconers Flight...

Went to Lidl again with the Mrs which is unusual for us ( we're Aldi usually, but I was a Lidl lad when single, but the store I went to in Mablethorpe has been totally rebuilt - it's much bigger) and got a can of Argus lager and something else ( it's in the fridge) . Argus lager is extremely, erm, average.

Temperature on my train must be North of 40C but luckily opted for a session lager - Perle, Mittlefruh and Saaz - tastes like a cross between my Czech pilsner and german lager, neither of which I like...
20190725_161403.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back